Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I stuck this on P&B as well, but did you see Anton Ferdinand's comments about Hladky? Best keeper he's played with, apparently - amongst some very decent competition.

If we don't manage to keep him this summer, I really hope we make his buyer cough up some serious cash.

BQJsERj.png

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

I stuck this on P&B as well, but did you see Anton Ferdinand's comments about Hladky? Best keeper he's played with, apparently - amongst some very decent competition.

If we don't manage to keep him this summer, I really hope we make his buyer cough up some serious cash.

BQJsERj.png

~So why we wasting all this money on back room staff anyway . . . .   😃 He likes being with us and is a tremendous keeper.

Even a bigger deal here will be dwarfed by what others can offer...

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

~So why we wasting all this money on back room staff anyway . . . .   😃 He likes being with us and is a tremendous keeper.

Even a bigger deal here will be dwarfed by what others can offer...

Thing is, if he gets a huge deal elsewhere, it'll be good for us: not just because of the transfer fee, but because it'll help convince future transfer targets to join.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Tony Fitz is touting Hladky in the paper today. Saying he'd be surprised if Celtic and the H### aren't in for him. Also talking about 6 figures for him ! Hopefully a lot shite. 

I know six figures could be 999,999, but come on Fitzy! Surely he could be playing for Milan...

47 minutes ago, munoz said:

Tony Fitz is touting Hladky in the paper today. Saying he'd be surprised if Celtic and the H### aren't in for him. Also talking about 6 figures for him ! Hopefully a lot shite. 

Why TF is he even talking about the two cheeks in the same breath as Hladky. We would get peanuts from either compared to what Qarabag or the likes would pay.  If offers come fair enough but to be almost touting him to that pair boils my p1ss !!!

8 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Thing is, if he gets a huge deal elsewhere, it'll be good for us: not just because of the transfer fee, but because it'll help convince future transfer targets to join.

I agree it is a win win for us. We need to be a club that can raise income from transfers and manage to attract new fresh talent too. being a stepping stone in player progress is fine and provided we and players/agents gain, it can make us a more attractive club to sign/play for. 

Hladky is fab - I would love him to stay for 2 or 3 seasons at least, but there is little doubt clubs will be aware of him and his agent will be touting him about too.

We get a chunk of money and that's great for the club, but we need a really good replacement too. As we have seen in recent years, that is far from easy...

Only time will tell how many signings of this quality we will manage - but here's hoping it is more than just a few...

Edited by Sweeper07
sing should have been sign - typing expert help

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Celtic don't part with money and the H**s don't have any. 

Edited by pod

23 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Only time will tell how many signings of this quality we will manage - but here's hoping it is more than just a few...

Ye and when the move on we have to start all over again.  We'll have to get rid of the revolving door in the dressing room.

Edited by pod

14 minutes ago, pod said:

Yes and when they move on we have to start all over again.  We'll have to get rid of the revolving door in the dressing room.

In reality we cannot - bigger clubs than us face the same issues - Hibs did it with John McGinn,  Tic did it with Van Dyke, Dembele, Armstrong

We can however make sure we get the contracts done well. Longer contracts with better conditions in our favour, percentage of future transfers and clauses for promotion or caps etc etc. etc. but that is not without risk either.

The Fakes model is much more settled - they get rid of 3 or 4 (usually out of contract) main 1st team squad players at most typically and sign 4 - 6. The seem to know exactly what they are looking for and who is not only available but willing to fill those slots each season..

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Being reported Lee Hodson is wanted by us. Happy with that. 

OF course he is - only issue is whether someone else comes in for him . . .  Great player for us this season and particularly good in the last game of the season . . 

41 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Straight swap . Hodson for Heaton emoji848.png

Out of contract in 2 weeks. With any luck he's enjoyed his football with us and is settled here. Would be a decent signing. 

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I agree it is a win win for us. We need to be a club that can raise income from transfers and manage to attract new fresh talent too. being a stepping stone in player progress is fine and provided we and players/agents gain, it can make us a more attractive club to sing/play for. 

Discoland lyrics would need to change first

I am not ITK on this, but suspecting that Oran wants Hodson and MacKenzie to re-sign for us. Hodson played really well with us playing 3 CB's. Our defence was pretty fabulous for the last few months of the season most of the time. I know Hodson was injured for much of that time, but he actually helped improve us despite us already being pretty good.

Big Gary likewise. The issue with him is what are the chances of him being fit far more than he has manage for the last few seasons? Maybe a 6 month deal with a 5 month option depending on fitness might be the way to go... I would not like to see a fit Gary MacK playing against us.

If not Popescu (no doubt deal being chatted through - decision to be made soon) and Baird were good too... and what will happen to Muzek?