Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

52 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Halkett was on a much bigger wage than that - AND they now have increased revenue from the Premiership to factor in...

There 3 top earners have all gone . . .

Their average wage is supposedly £671 p/w. With him being captain, he's probably on slightly more than that. Would be very surprised if he was on a "much bigger wage" than that.

14 minutes ago, munoz said:

Their average wage is supposedly £671 p/w. With him being captain, he's probably on slightly more than that. Would be very surprised if he was on a "much bigger wage" than that.

I am not going to produce one of his wage slips, but he was on a lot more than that. JR had him lined up for us on much more than that too, even though our average is not massively more than that either....

Livi had plenty of guys on less that £671 per week I strongly suspect and 5 or 6 on above average... It is like that in most if not all clubs - e.g. Erhahon won't be on nearly as much as either of the McGinns . . .

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am not going to produce one of his wage slips, but he was on a lot more than that. JR had him lined up for us on much more than that too, even though our average is not massively more than that either....

Livi had plenty of guys on less that £671 per week I strongly suspect and 5 or 6 on above average... It is like that in most if not all clubs - e.g. Erhahon won't be on nearly as much as either of the McGinns . . .

I'd be surprised if Paul McGinn is on the average first team wage or more, he was signed in the equivalent "dead period" last year - I'd reckon Cody Cooke earns more! 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Some of their own fans on PnB are quoting 800 as their top wage !

Yeah but do the fans actually know or presume/listen to people telling them all kinds of nonsense…. for the last time - He WAS on far more than that . . . and we offered him more before Stubbs pulled the plug  . . .

On 6/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Yes, unless Livi go big to pry him away, I expect he will prefer to stay with us... let#'s face it, Livi will be one of the favourites for relegation, having lost their 3 best players already - who knows who else might flee from them if the opportunity arrives...

They coast marginally above the liquidation line and needed extra funds just to get to season end.

They would't be the first club to post unrealistic and  undeliverable signing targets in order to encourage other players to join them.

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

They coast marginally above the liquidation line and needed extra funds just to get to season end.

They would't be the first club to post unrealistic and  undeliverable signing targets in order to encourage other players to join them.

Unless you know more than I do (which is a distinct possibility), I think you are speaking about the season prior to the one that has just ended.

They are sitting on a pile of debt - but this season has been good for them I suspect - greatly increased revenue from much larger crowds, without a huge rise in wages from the Championship should have serviced some of their debt . . . but we will see when their annual report comes out . . .

I think they are about to lose Pitman too to cash in as he only has a year left on his contract . . .

They are my favourites for the drop next season . . .

1 minute ago, elvis said:

Are we your second favourites.

Not sure what the bookies think, but surprised you don't have us down as favourites for relegation . . . 😁

I would put Hamilton as 2nd bottom favourites along with Ross County - Saints 4th bottom and safe . . .  :guinness

But all depends on who is signed and how they play, if they stay fit and perform etc... who else gets sold etc etc...

On 1/3/2019 at 10:43 PM, Sweeper07 said:

The computer is wrong.  Hamilton will be last with Dundee in the play - offs

There - that's it sorted

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure what the bookies think, but surprised you don't have us down as favourites for relegation . . . 😁

I would put Hamilton as 2nd bottom favourites along with Ross County - Saints 4th bottom and safe . . .  :guinness

But all depends on who is signed and how they play, if they stay fit and perform etc... who else gets sold etc etc...

TBH your drivel is best ignored. :byebye

36 minutes ago, mattman said:

From a Romanian reporter - 50k is a big difference to what I’d seen others say the release clause was...

5275B751-AE70-4B09-848A-4272AB160C43.png

If that is the case then i think we would be in a better position if the board are willing to spend. Bloody Josh Heaton transfer really has screwed things hasn't it. 50k is a very good investment imo for a player we know who can do a job.

Just now, nedflanders123 said:

Why do you think Ross County will not be there? I will wait to see what squads are in place before writing my team off or making predictions.  

Because Ross Stewart will get 40 goals next  season, Josh Mullen and Blair Spittal are also potential Internationlists.......................

:guinness

52 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

If that is the case then i think we would be in a better position if the board are willing to spend. Bloody Josh Heaton transfer really has screwed things hasn't it. 50k is a very good investment imo for a player we know who can do a job.

At least you know what your getting, unlike Heaton.