Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You mean TALL ?       OR

Big money ?  

Well I know we dont have BIG money so tall would help

I seriously wish TF would be banned from getting near the press, dont hear Fakes, Well even talk about Top 4 and Europe

Ambition is fine, but Blind ambition based on our last 10 matches, where 5 of them were against bottom 6 is plain stupid................

Chic Young makes more sense- and he is a prize fanny

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well I know we dont have BIG money so tall would help

I seriously wish TF would be banned from getting near the press, dont hear Fakes, Well even talk about Top 4 and Europe

Ambition is fine, but Blind ambition based on our last 10 matches, where 5 of them were against bottom 6 is plain stupid................

Chic Young makes more sense- and he is a prize fanny

I don't disagree with any of this above...

I thought you really meant we could have some "Big players" meaning that they would make such a difference to our results though. . . I guess that is what a lot of fans are hoping for.

I am not 100% sure Tony's ambition is blind, though get why you believe it is. He aims to be prophetic, rather than pathetic. He does not know the how's, but he dreams about what it could be like. 

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I thought you really meant we could have some "Big players" meaning that they would make such a difference to our results though. . . I guess that is what a lot of fans are hoping for.

I am not 100% sure Tony's ambition is blind, though get why you believe it is. He aims to be prophetic, rather than pathetic. He does not know the how's, but he dreams about what it could be like. 

Mate, having dreams is fine, getting it printed in a national newspaper is another

This clown said we would win the Premiership in 2019 when we were in Championship.

Sure he is a Legend but he is also our CEO, and with that surely comes responsibilty ..................

Say that we want to push on, stabilize  and ensure survival, we strggled for 9 years 2006-2015 in top league with far less squad rotation, far less managerail turmoil. These are all facts, and thats far more recent than the 80s. By his logic - Dundee Utd should win the Champions League within the next 2-3 years  

8 hours ago, gstretchuk said:
8 hours ago, jaybee said:

You sir are just an obnoxious turd who is so well regarded you need to invent new aliases to like your own posts and who delights in belittling others because you lack the ability     to do  otherwise.

U been drinking and pished the bed again hence why u r up and on the brave juice..go get tucked in wee man but leave the light on....

Shull, your posts are so representative of you, lacking in diction, grammer, spelling, but primarily content, somewhat like the inside of your head. 

14 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
28 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Mate, having dreams is fine, getting it printed in a national newspaper is another

This clown said we would win the Premiership in 2019 when we were in Championship.

Sure he is a Legend but he is also our CEO, and with that surely comes responsibilty ..................

Say that we want to push on, stabilize  and ensure survival, we strggled for 9 years 2006-2015 in top league with far less squad rotation, far less managerail turmoil. These are all facts, and thats far more recent than the 80s. By his logic - Dundee Utd should win the Champions League within the next 2-3 years  

The thing about football supporters is they don't think logically, football is about emotion, it's about dreams and whilst a cub needs stability and boring people it also needs dreamers with ambition. 

16 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Shull, your posts are so representative of you, lacking in diction, grammer, spelling, but primarily content, somewhat like the inside of your head. 

Why are you insulting me when you are quoting somebody else ? 

Just now, shull said:
18 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Why are you insulting me when you are quoting somebody else ? 

because I can

3 minutes ago, jaybee said:

The thing about football supporters is they don't think logically, football is about emotion, it's about dreams and whilst a cub needs stability and boring people it also needs dreamers with ambition. 

So thats what I am doing wrong ?????

Right, I will practise that this coming season- Tony is right, just need the first 16 wins under our belt and its on :guinness

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

So thats what I am doing wrong ?????

Right, I will practise that this coming season- Tony is right, just need the first 16 wins under our belt and its on :guinness

Spot on; exactly that, we all need to get Tonyitis.        😎

Tonys Top 4 Team 2019-20

GK-  Hladky

RB- Paul McGinn

LB- Marquee Signing

CH - Marquee Signing

Midfield- S McGinn, K MacGennis. Marquee Signing, Marquee Signing

Forwards- Danny Mullen, Marquee Signing, Great Big Surprise Marquee Signing ( Kenny Miller )

Chicken Dinner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
No Marquee signings yet ?

Are we signing marquees now ?

I  think  we are in the pop up market; have you seen the price of marquees?  you could almost sign a player for the money they cost?   ☺️

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Tonys Top 4 Team 2019-20

GK-  Hladky

RB- Paul McGinn

LB- Marquee Signing

CH - Marquee Signing

Midfield- S McGinn, K MacGennis. Marquee Signing, Marquee Signing

Forwards- Danny Mullen, Marquee Signing, Great Big Surprise Marquee Signing ( Kenny Miller )

you  were doing great till the kenny Miller bit, tch tch

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

That because he was our Marquee Signing that signed for Doomedee:whistle

I rather Thommo made a comeback than that wee fud

Goodness me - it is definitely the silly season - Miller is past it and I think in a contract as player coach at Dee... No Premiership team wants him right!!

I don't want Thommo back either - Gus is getting paid to bring in our new guys - in him we trust - if he succeeds we will be happy - if not we will moan . . . :turtle

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Goodness me - it is definitely the silly season - Miller is past it and I think in a contract as player coach at Dee... No Premiership team wants him right!!

I don't want Thommo back either - Gus is getting paid to bring in our new guys - in him we trust - if he succeeds we will be happy - if not we will moan . . . :turtle

St Tricky back on the vino again   :wasntme

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

That because he was our Marquee Signing that signed for Doomedee:whistle

I rather Thommo made a comeback than that wee fud

I think the marquee signing that Stubbs was referring to was Stokes, was it not? Just checked and he's played three games all season and didn't score. Bullet dodged, for sure: yet another dud that Stubbs would have lumbered us with.