Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I think the marquee signing that Stubbs was referring to was Stokes, was it not? Just checked and he's played three games all season and didn't score. Bullet dodged, for sure: yet another dud that Stubbs would have lumbered us with.

Aye, right enough...................:lol:

It was reported on 20 June 2018 that Stokes was once again a free agent, and that he was back in Scotland training with St Mirren.[108] However, in July 2018, he signed a two-year contract with Tractor Sazi of the Iran Pro League.[109] He scored on his debut, netting in a 1–1 draw with Nassaji on 3 August.[110] On 28 September, he scored four goals in a 6–0 win over Esteghlal Khuzestan.[111] On 25 October 2018, having scored ten goals in nine games, Stokes extended his contract with Tractor Sazi until 20 June 2022.

34 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I think the marquee signing that Stubbs was referring to was Stokes, was it not? Just checked and he's played three games all season and didn't score. Bullet dodged, for sure: yet another dud that Stubbs would have lumbered us with.

It was Adam Rooney and Beltrame I believe. 

Incidentally, and unrelated to the discussion. Beltrame has had a fantastic season at the club he picked in Holland over us. 14 goals and 17 assists in 30 odd appearances playing behind the forwards. 

44 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Actually he has scored 11 goals in 23 appearances so he's not done badly.

It's his personal circumstances which is more of a concern and he's due in court soon on stalking charges.

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

It was Adam Rooney and Beltrame I believe. 

Incidentally, and unrelated to the discussion. Beltrame has had a fantastic season at the club he picked in Holland over us. 14 goals and 17 assists in 30 odd appearances playing behind the forwards. 

Joe Beltrami? At least he'd improve the defence.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

It's his personal circumstances which is more of a concern and he's due in court soon on stalking charges.

13 in 24, but not worth debating.

Imagine we had that sort of dud last season. 

Poor Monkey, his obsession, and he's not alone, have made him look rather foolish. :lol:

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, right enough...................:lol:

It was reported on 20 June 2018 that Stokes was once again a free agent, and that he was back in Scotland training with St Mirren.[108] However, in July 2018, he signed a two-year contract with Tractor Sazi of the Iran Pro League.[109] He scored on his debut, netting in a 1–1 draw with Nassaji on 3 August.[110] On 28 September, he scored four goals in a 6–0 win over Esteghlal Khuzestan.[111] On 25 October 2018, having scored ten goals in nine games, Stokes extended his contract with Tractor Sazi until 20 June 2022.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

13 in 24, but not worth debating.

Imagine we had that sort of dud last season. 

Poor Monkey, his obsession, and he's not alone, have made him look rather foolish. :lol:

:lol:

Fair enough, happy to be proven wrong. Website I checked clearly didn't have the up-to-date stats.

It's hardly an obsession, though :huh:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-boss-oran-kearney-16476717.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

Trying to sign The Bank back up which is a good move IMO [emoji1303]

Wonder which loanees we are trying to bring back. My guess would be Popescu, Lyons, McAllister and Dreyer maybe?

20 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Trying to sign The Bank back up which is a good move IMO emoji1303.png

Wonder which loanees we are trying to bring back. My guess would be Popescu, Lyons, McAllister and Dreyer maybe?

Excellent starting point . Then we can focus on two quality attacking players .

I'm thinking we might be back for the Keeper we had on loan too . Got a feeling we will have a few bids in for Vaclav , clips of his triple save against Hearts and his penalty shoot out saves will no doubt be doing the rounds . 

Noticed Anton Ferdinand said he was the best keeper he,s ever played with too .

Managers will be checking out live footage , and I have no doubts , bids will start coming in for him .

Excellent starting point . Then we can focus on two quality attacking players .
I'm thinking we might be back for the Keeper we had on loan too . Got a feeling we will have a few bids in for Vaclav , clips of his triple save against Hearts and his penalty shoot out saves will no doubt be doing the rounds . 
Noticed Anton Ferdinand said he was the best keeper he,s ever played with too .
Managers will be checking out live footage , and I have no doubts , bids will start coming in for him .
Jordan Holmes is leaving Bournemouth and seemed pretty popular with the players and coaching staff when he was up here so I wouldn't be surprised if we went for him, aye.

36 minutes ago, JM1 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-boss-oran-kearney-16476717.amp?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar&__twitter_impression=true

Trying to sign The Bank back up which is a good move IMO emoji1303.png

Hopefully Dreyer, McAllister and Popescu. 

Holmes and Hodson both out of contract so imagine they are the ones we're in talks with permanently. 

Lyons isn't good enough and shouldn't be resigned. 

Holmes and Hodson both out of contract so imagine they are the ones we're in talks with permanently. 
I agree. Just thought maybe Oran would be keen on bringing Brad back as he's clearly a big fan of his.

6 minutes ago, JM1 said:
8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I agree. Just thought maybe Oran would be keen on bringing Brad back as he's clearly a big fan of his.

Thought Lyons did Ok and worth another deal, he is an 'improving player' this being the reason we can loan players like this mas if they were the finished deal we wouldn't have a chance.

Would be rather underwhelmed if our central defensive options for the new season end up being Baird, MacKenzie and Popescu. And Heaton :ph34r:

Could do with another quality signing in that department, especially if the plan going forward is to go with a back three. Gary Mac as a back-up option who is also a coach would make sense, he'll probably spend half the season injured anyway so we might as well have him doing something.

Edited by Stu

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:
Is it hormonal? emoji7.png

Dunno, you should ask your god, apparently he knows everything.

No Apparently about it - but when you ask him something his answers can take various forms . . .and sometimes he makes us wait before we see...

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Would be rather underwhelmed if our central defensive options for the new season end up being Baird, MacKenzie and Popescu. And Heaton :ph34r:

Could do with another quality signing in that department, especially if the plan going forward is to go with a back three. Gary Mac as a back-up option who is also a coach would make sense, he'll probably spend half the season injured anyway so we might as well have him doing something.

Not a bad shout (GM being a coach...) - Oran said we were being 'innovative' in terms of the offer to him, so that may well be what it entails.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Too busy giving kids cancer, I suppose. Nice to know where his priorities lie. Anyway, this is drifting off topic.

Dog with a bone - you make sure you take that up with Him when you discover that He is actually real and your theory and trust in other things proves foolish! 

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Dog with a bone - you make sure you take that up with Him when you discover that He is actually real and your theory and trust in other things proves foolish! 

I'm quite certain that, even if that deity exists, along with many sinners on this forum, I doubt Slartibartfast, Oaksoft or, indeed myself will have the dubious pleasure of meeting your  almighty.

Edited by stlucifer

On 6/8/2019 at 2:29 PM, Sweeper07 said:
On 6/8/2019 at 2:11 PM, Slartibartfast said:
On 6/8/2019 at 7:31 AM, oaksoft said:
FS for some reason is behaving like a dick again.

He goes through phases.

Is it hormonal? 😍

Are you sure that shouldn't be hormoanal? 😎