Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

11 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Are you saying sack the board ? Or are you asking for them to acknowledge their error in Stubbs appointment ?

I think the board have acknowledged their error.

If you are asking 'could we have a better board' then considering they have blown hundrerds of thousands of pounds, and failed to create one, just feckin one additional revenue stream in three years, then YES! 

My Grannie would have spent more wisely, and created additional income!

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I guess Mihal will only become an option if no other club offer something substantial for him, or his club decide he is worth keeping. In that case it will run till end of August, or pehaps beyond as January loanee again? He will get snapped up by someone.

Anders i think will have his agent trying to place him in the English championship, or top League one side.

Gary (love the big man to bits) may be weighing uo a one year offer from us, versus a two year deal at a Scottish championship side?

Matteo, I think would probably be the most straightforward to deal with, unless someone offers him a few hundred quid/euros more a week, or something similar back home.

a bigger concern is the club announcement that Hladky is being offered a better contract (he's got a year left on current deal) that means the vultures are circling, and sounds like it wont cost the earth to get him as the fee will likely be one years wages at most.

this should all bring home to fans the size of budget our club have, versus wild talk of becoming a top four side. The new go to club for saints players Gillingham in League one average over 5,500 home attendance, and enjoy much bigger access to prize, membership and sponsorship money than a bottom four SPL side. Hence being able to spirit Hodson away, and make Willock prefer a playing opportunity over Sevco. It will be as every season in the top flight will be, heavily weighted against us.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I guess Mihal will only become an option if no other club offer something substantial for him, or his club decide he is worth keeping. In that case it will run till end of August, or pehaps beyond as January loanee again? He will get snapped up by someone.

Anders i think will have his agent trying to place him in the English championship, or top League one side.

Gary (love the big man to bits) may be weighing uo a one year offer from us, versus a two year deal at a Scottish championship side?

Matteo, I think would probably be the most straightforward to deal with, unless someone offers him a few hundred quid/euros more a week, or something similar back home.

a bigger concern is the club announcement that Hladky is being offered a better contract (he's got a year left on current deal) that means the vultures are circling, and sounds like it wont cost the earth to get him as the fee will likely be one years wages at most.

this should all bring home to fans the size of budget our club have, versus wild talk of becoming a top four side. The new go to club for saints players Gillingham in League one average over 5,500 home attendance, and enjoy much bigger access to prize, membership and sponsorship money than a bottom four SPL side. Hence being able to spirit Hodson away, and make Willock prefer a playing opportunity over Sevco. It will be as every season in the top flight will be, heavily weighted against us.

:lol:

How many St. Mirren players have Gillingham signed as this 'new go to club'?

Oh that's right... NONE! :lol: 

27 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think if both players were offered similar money or even a tad less from English based teams then they are going to go with the "Home" teams offer... minimal travelling, no living away from home, less upheaval etc. 

No brainer for them really.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol:

How many St. Mirren players have Gillingham signed as this 'new go to club'?

Oh that's right... NONE! :lol: 

You dont count Hodson who was a free agent and rejected us for The Gills? And Willock who snubbed sevco for them?

i guess your logic dictates Mihal, McAllister, Musek, Jackson, Anton, Corbu, or Lyons were saints players either..?

first troll of the day trumped lol.

2 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

I think if both players were offered similar money or even a tad less from English based teams then they are going to go with the "Home" teams offer... minimal travelling, no living away from home, less upheaval etc. 

No brainer for them really.

More likely two , or three years deals as opposed to one year with us. A bit of stability for them, but Gillingham can and will pay more than us, its just a fact of our budget as a bottom SPL side.

You dont count Hodson who was a free agent and rejected us for The Gills? And Willock who snubbed sevco for them?
i guess your logic dictates Mihal, McAllister, Musek, Jackson, Anton, Corbu, or Lyons were saints players either..?

You very clearly said Gillingham was the go to club for Saints players. Neither of the two players you quoted were Saints players .
For once , why can’t you just admit you got it wrong. ?

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You very clearly said Gillingham was the go to club for Saints players. Neither of the two players you quoted were Saints players .
For once , why can’t you just admit you got it wrong. ?

Oh dear another one bites the dust!

I 'll admit they were as much saints players as...  Mihal, McAllister, Musek, Corbu, or Lyons!

will you..?

Oh dear another one bites the dust!
I 'll admit they were as much saints players as...  Mihal, McAllister, Musek, Corbu, or Lyons!
will you..?

All loan players . Not Saints players so free to take up whichever options suited them and the clubs that hold / held their registrations best .
We could do nothing other than make an offer if we were interested ( in Willocks case, I think even you can work that one out )

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

All loan players . Not Saints players so free to take up whichever options suited them and the clubs that hold / held their registrations best .
We could do nothing other than make an offer if we were interested ( in Willocks case, I think even you can work that one out )

So those guys playing in black and white stripes , or red? Who kept us up werent saints players???

tell their teammates, manager or our support that and see how many agree with you ffs. Honestly the petulance amongst trolls who when found out is astounding.  I get you guys like to knock one out by trolling around behind me, whilst adding nothing to any discussion, but to make such plums of yourselves as above??? Do you even think how the masses might interpret your bile before spaffing away on the screen?

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

If you are asking 'could we have a better board' then considering they have blown hundrerds of thousands of pounds, and failed to create one, just feckin one additional revenue stream in three years, then YES! 

My Grannie would have spent more wisely, and created additional income!

Why don't you get her to lend us a couple of Million then and I bet she is better tactically than Oran - according to your previous slating of him when you were certain he'd get us relegated ? Oh and you claimed the BOD had bankrupted us - any proof yet for making such an assertion ?  (No didn't think so!) :hammer

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Why don't you get her to lend us a couple of Million then and I bet she is better tactically than Oran - according to your previous slating of him when you were certain he'd get us relegated ? Oh and you claimed the BOD had bankrupted us - any proof yet for making such an assertion ?  (No didn't think so!) :hammer

TBF we were only a few penalty kicks from being relegated. 

You are totally deluded living in your Stubbs wonderland and spouting the same bullshit. Stubbs only wanted to keep 3 players that had won the Championship only months before - Magennis, Samson and Smith and that was based on a chat with a  gibbering journalist. What manager chooses a squad based on a journalist's opinion? The rest could all go according to Stubbs. He told MacKenzie to find a new club weeks after he had signed a new contract and even before Stubbs had watched him play. The same MacKenzie who was great and undefeated in the last six games of the season to keep us up but Stubbs wanted Kpekawa and Heaton as his centre halfs. £80k on a donkey that did not even attend the playoffs for the team that gave him a chance and pay his wages. Heaton over MacKenzie?  What an idiot. He never even gave Heaton 5 mins in League games after watching him being torn apart by amateurs of Spartans and Queens Park.

He told Baird to find a new club.

Flynn started only one League game under Stubbs with Stubbs preferring Willock.

Stubbs demanded the Board get rid of Captain Fantastic but the Board refused. They wisely got rid of Stubbs instead.

Paul McGinn, Player of the Year, was dropped as soon as Hodson was signed.

Stubbs started Smith in 4 of the 5 League games and only decided to get rid of him when Smith called him out for being a wanker.

With the exception of Magennis and Samson the players that were from last season and the mainstay for keeping us up were not wanted by Stubbs. What manager tells players to find new clubs when there is little chance of that happening and he has no replacements?

The guy signed the worst squad of new players ever assembled by a St Mirren manager. He wanted rid of the players who Kearney realised were the only decent pros that he had in the squad.

Stubbs' signings :

Coulson - loaned out to Cambridge in January - never played for them.

Kpekawa -  no club since we released him from a 2 year deal (2 years?????).

Heaton - 5 starts for non League Kidderminster and not played in months.

Willock - went on loan again to Crawley Town. Released by Man U. Signed for Gillingham today.

Jones - back to Southampton's U23 side.

Brock-Marsden - released by Birmingham, returned to Denmark.

Jeff King - without a club.

Ryan Edwards - returned to Hearts. Played 4 games for them.

Hodson - now with Gillingham.

Cooke - still with St Mirren. 3 starts all season.

Rogers - now back at Aberdeen after failing to get in the first team.

Aye, Stubbs sure had an eye for a player [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Always find it amusing when someone replies with a post full of irrelevance! [emoji23]

On the point I was posting about, Kearney’s signings being far better than Stubbs’, the indisputable fact I pointed out is that there were 2 Stubbs signings in the sides that won the play offs and 2 Kearney outfield signings, with one of them being homegrown McAllister.

The other indisputable fact is that Stubbs wanted rid of fans’ favourite Cammy Smith and there was a meltdown on this forum from roasters like yourself.

And then Kearney got rid of him! [emoji23]

I didn’t post an opinion about it, just straight facts.

You replied with irrelevance, hearsay and made up fantasy.... none of which alters the facts I posted!

If you intend making more lengthy replies at least try and make them relevant to the points I make! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You've sort of answered your own stupid question there.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh dear, another one who seems to be suggesting all these guys who kept us up werent saints players! Ask around bud, ask around.

No one has left for Gillingham from St. Mirren You tried pushing this as a thing that's happening - it's not a thing.

Lee Hodson signed as a free transfer after his release from Rangers

Matty Willock signed as a free transfer after his release from Manchester Utd

It's not rocket science - but then your history of posting on here proves that you're certainly no rocket scientist.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

TBF we were only a few penalty kicks from being relegated. 

You should always be fair - however, he was predicting it for months long before the penalties on the last day - he also predicted the BOD would bankrupt us and that useless midget Mullen was not a footballer etc etc etc.

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You should always be fair - however, he was predicting it for months long before the penalties on the last day - he also predicted the BOD would bankrupt us and that useless midget Mullen was not a footballer etc etc etc.

I only commented on the fact his prediction we would get relegated, I've no interest in joining in the witch hunt thanks. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

No one has left for Gillingham from St. Mirren You tried pushing this as a thing that's happening - it's not a thing.

Lee Hodson signed as a free transfer after his release from Rangers

Matty Willock signed as a free transfer after his release from Manchester Utd

It's not rocket science - but then your history of posting on here proves that you're certainly no rocket scientist.

It might not be rocket science, but it certainly gets your thong in tangle for readons most find hard to fathom.