Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Has training even started again? Think (Do you ever do this?) a few are falling for this waffle.

Naw, not many people fall for your waffle and drivel . . . we're doomed, BOD have bankrupted us, we will only get in two or three players cos all the money is spent, Mullen is a midget that is not good enough for this level, give Stubbs a chance..... ha ha ha ha . . .

Training is on this week. Why don't you head up to Ralston and grab a photo exclusive . . . (Maybes because you don't deal in facts)  :ninja

On 6/16/2019 at 10:46 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Oh ye of little faith!

got a exclusive tip from LoveStreetzo that the upcoming pre season jaunt to Ireland is purely a cover for a detailed scouting excercise, and that Seamus the plumber, Donal head of tractors at the parks dept, Liam the chippy and Eoin who works down the bookies are set to be announced as soon as they put pen to paper! Thats the craic anyway things are bubbling away!

Any of these guys would contribute more than Lyon's did!

31 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

I don’t get the anti Lyons feeling amongst a certain element. Why oh why does there have to be a boo boy for the more rabid fans to froth over? I always felt the boy gave 100% in every game he played

Unfortunately 100% of next to nothing is still next to nothing. I wish the lad well. Mother well would be great.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:
Unfortunately 100% of next to nothing is still next to nothing. I wish the lad well. Mother well would be great.

So it's right to boo someone for not being as good at something as they want them to be? Do these people boo their kids (if they have any) for not being able to solve a problem in their maths homework? Did they boo themselves, when they were kids, for the same thing?

That's a very good question.

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

So it's right to boo someone for not being as good at something as they want them to be? Do these people boo their kids (if they have any) for not being able to solve a problem in their maths homework? Did they boo themselves, when they were kids, for the same thing?

I don't know about you but, at the games, I heard very little booing therefore the "boo boys" I surmised you were referring to were folk on here voicing an honest, if harsh, opinion on the lad's worth.

17 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Naw, not many people fall for your waffle and drivel . . . we're doomed, BOD have bankrupted us, we will only get in two or three players cos all the money is spent, Mullen is a midget that is not good enough for this level, give Stubbs a chance..... ha ha ha ha . . .

Training is on this week. Why don't you head up to Ralston and grab a photo exclusive . . . (Maybes because you don't deal in facts)  :ninja

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

OK confirms that pre-season starts next week in today's PDE.

28 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

The imaginary new players arrived for an imaginary training session in sweeper’s head!

In his frenzy against LPM he's made a cnut of himself again. 🤡

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In his frenzy against LPM he's made a cnut of himself again. 🤡

He is one of the two worst abusers on this Forum.

He was at it again yesterday with no prompting from the person he abused.

16 hours ago, Doakes said:

As far as I know everyone is on holiday until the 24th?

Could we get some of the posters to take a holiday?

Or could we get the public library to close down for a couple of weeks?

Edited by insaintee

Oran found a winning formula to keep us up. Logical you want to keep as many as the squad possible.  Dreyer was showing potential Oran obviously sees something in him going by his buddie vision interviews . Mcalister that would be the hard one I would think. Is Derby getting a new manager who will want to asses his squad. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

The most important consideration in any young player is to see a steady improvement as the games go by and as they learn and adjust and their confidence grows. Inconsistency is a given. Dreyer fits into that category. Was poor to start with (understood with almost all young players) but he did improve substantially as the weeks went on. In his last two full games (away at Hamilton and Livi) he was instrumental in getting goals and played a significant part in the team. I'd welcome him next season and if he continues to improve I am sure he will be a big asset for us. The fact that he already knows the players and Club also give him a huge advantage over an unknown loan.