Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

24 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Agree. Thought he'd really come on to a game after a relatively slow start. Pretty sure he would have started the remaining matches had he not got injured.
Pleased to see him back.

Anyone any news on Pop ? 

Gone a bit flat....

• Image result for glass of coke

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Agree. Thought he'd really come on to a game after a relatively slow start. Pretty sure he would have started the remaining matches had he not got injured.     Pleased to see him back.

Anyone any news on Pop ? I believe that is the key signing for us.

No, but you know the situation. He is contracted to his club. They want money to sell him. We want him for as little as possible. We knew the purchase price discussed when he came on loan - so now we are hoping to get him back on loan...or on the cheap.

The question is how much do they not want left with him verses how much we may sweeten a deal for taking him...

In the meantime his agent is trying to see how he and his player can benefit from every possible outcome...one of which is going to another club.

Either way IF he returns it will cost us something, perhaps not too huge an amount, but something... Player wants to come back and for me that is a big factor... The negotiations will continue until the deal is done or we get someone else... still think it is about 45/55 in our favour...

The big man is very decent and it is a tough call to get an equivalent or better option on our budget. (Basically he was a steal wage wise last season)

Game of chess continues...

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It wasn't me who brought up "boo boy".

Besides that, my point was about person A chastising person B because person B is not as good at something as person A wants, or expects, them to be. There is no need for it, a simple comment that they don't think the other person is good enough would be sufficient.

OK.

He's sh!t. (IMHO).

Lyons, NOT OK.

ETA: OK IS OK. Lyons is not OK.... OK?

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

No, but you know the situation. He is contracted to his club. They want money to sell him. We want him for as little as possible. We knew the purchase price discussed when he came on loan - so now we are hoping to get him back on loan...or on the cheap.

The question is how much do they not want left with him verses how much we may sweeten a deal for taking him...

In the meantime his agent is trying to see how he and his player can benefit from every possible outcome...one of which is going to another club.

Either way IF he returns it will cost us something, perhaps not too huge an amount, but something... Player wants to come back and for me that is a big factor... The negotiations will continue until the deal is done or we get someone else... still think it is about 45/55 in our favour...

The big man is very decent and it is a tough call to get an equivalent or better option on our budget. (Basically he was a steal wage wise last season)

Game of chess continues...

I actually wonder if any deal could involve us taking other player(s) from Dinamo Bucharest , as they seem short of money and might want a couple of players off their payroll , but at the same time maybe get a transfer fee . Would love to see Popescu signed up for next season .

12 hours ago, shull said:
13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

In his frenzy against LPM he's made a cnut of himself again. 🤡

He is one of the two worst abusers on this Forum.

He was at it again yesterday with no prompting from the person he abused.

pot ............. kettle

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:
12 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It wasn't me who brought up "boo boy".

Besides that, my point was about person A chastising person B because person B is not as good at something as person A wants, or expects, them to be. There is no need for it, a simple comment that they don't think the other person is good enough would be sufficient.

OK.

He's sh!t. (IMHO).

Lyons, NOT OK.

ETA: OK IS OK. Lyons is not OK.... OK?

Ok?  OK no sh*t, Lyons Ok 2. So IMHO U sh*t. all Ok OK's OK 4 me

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:
Ok?  OK no sh*t, Lyons Ok 2. So IMHO U sh*t. all Ok OK's OK 4 me

Y?

If you insist.  OK (Oran Kearney) ? (question mark) OK no sh*t (Oran Kearney is not shit)   with me so far?, next bit........... Lyons OK 2 (Brad Lyons is OK also)  I'm sure you can work out the rest ........really not difficult.  😎   Oh and by the way ........................... get a haircut.

by the way this was targeted at Lucy not you good self.  😎

Edited by jaybee
clarification

So , when do the players actually return to training? Last year it was the 18th , the year before w/c 12th .

In reality, next week.

But there’s an imaginary training session going on in sweeper’s head with imaginary players, all dressed in disguise in case the horde of imaginary pressmen at the training ground spot them! [emoji23]

The right formula is more one loss (against the champions) in 10 games against many teams similar in resources. 
We ended up in a play-off because of a train wreck of a season that started with Stubbs and took some time to sort out including the gelling of new players & building back confidence of others. 
Not surprised this is lost on someone that’s go to is practically almost always the most negative stance. 

Yet Steve Clarke managed to take a Kilmarnock side in a worse position the season before and get them into the top 6 with basically the same side.

And OK certainly got the confidence of Cammy Smith back...... er hang on

If only we’d signed Liam Smith we’d have been sorted! [emoji23]

And hounding put a manager after only 4 games in charge is the most negative stance of all! The irony!

32 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

And hounding put a manager after only 4 games in charge. 

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.  Would it have been a case of wait and see.  It might have worked, what if it didn't.  It's all if's and but's. 

Roll on the new season. 

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yet Steve Clarke managed to take a Kilmarnock side in a worse position the season before and get them into the top 6 with basically the same side.

If only we’d signed Liam Smith we’d have been sorted! emoji23.png

And hounding put a manager after only 4 games in charge is the most negative stance of all! The irony!

I think Oran would love the Kilmarnock FC player budget. Pretty sure we were interested in Greg Stewart but money talks. Oran is the man.

22 minutes ago, magnus said:

I think Oran would love the Kilmarnock FC player budget. Pretty sure we were interested in Greg Stewart but money talks. Oran is the man.

One of Stubbs' biggest failures was not pursuing the clubs genuine interest in Stewart and alternatively wanting to use his own contacts down south and we ended up with Brock-Madsen

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Yep and Steve Clarke (who has vast experience at a very high level by the way) has been rewarded by moving into a more senior job. Do you think I’m suggesting OK has done better than Clarke? :blink:

also feel free to point out where I said OK got 100% of players performing well at the club? Quite lofty expectations don’t you think? He did enough for us to survive and complete the last quarter of fixtures as one of the most in form teams in the league. A near miracle given the mess he inherited imo  

You always come back to the Liam Smith point which is very strange considering how easily it was to defend my comment... United not building an SP able side no? :rolleyes:

Nine games including failing to beat amateur/ non league players.

We know you’re a troll but even this effort from you is very poor. 

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Alan, Alan, Alan if you are going to continue your trolling on here at least use properly constructed sentences that make some sort of sense !

If, as you claim, fans did "hound" you out then I say well done the fans. Probably one of the best examples of fan power I have witnessed in Scottish football.