Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

12 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

It's time for the letters game again, people.

Lots of number 9s ordered, along with the letters D, N, R and O.

Edit: a load of small Cs as well, but that's got to be fairly standard in Scotland.

Speculate away!

😋

Daniel Prso??

13 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Edit: a load of small Cs as well, but that's got to be fairly standard in Scotland.

Speculate away!

😋

Or even better Dougie Somner

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Alan, Alan, Alan if you are going to continue your trolling on here at least use properly constructed sentences that make some sort of sense !

If, as you claim, fans did "hound" you out then I say well done the fans. Probably one of the best examples of fan power I have witnessed in Scottish football. 

Huge cringe of a post. 

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Speculate away!

😋

999.  The sponsorship by emergency services came through then?  

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
12 hours ago, jaybee said:
If you insist.  OK (Oran Kearney) ? (question mark) OK no sh*t (Oran Kearney is not shit)   with me so far?, next bit........... Lyons OK 2 (Brad Lyons is OK also)  I'm sure you can work out the rest ........really not difficult.  emoji41.png   Oh and by the way ........................... get a haircut.
by the way this was targeted at Lucy not you good self.  emoji41.png

I sed Y, no wot. emoji14.png

OOOOrps! but hey took me blooming ages to type all that gobledegook out don't spoil it.  I suppose the answer should be Y not?

Yep and Steve Clarke (who has vast experience at a very high level by the way) has been rewarded by moving into a more senior job. Do you think I’m suggesting OK has done better than Clarke? default_blink.png

also feel free to point out where I said OK got 100% of players performing well at the club? Quite lofty expectations don’t you think? He did enough for us to survive and complete the last quarter of fixtures as one of the most in form teams in the league. A near miracle given the mess he inherited imo  

You always come back to the Liam Smith point which is very strange considering how easily it was to defend my comment... United not building an SP able side no? default_rolleyes.gif

Nine games including failing to beat amateur/ non league players.

We know you’re a troll but even this effort from you is very poor. 

How have you defended the Liam Smith point?

He’s signed for a Championship side at the start of the transfer window. It means the point you were making last year about the only reason that a Premiership club didn’t sign him cos it was late on in the window was wrong!

You are right on one point. United aren’t building an SPL capable side.... how could they be! They’re in the Championship! [emoji1]

They’re building a side they think is capable of getting promoted within their championship budget.

An entirely different matter!

If they were building an SPL side then they wouldn’t have signed Cammy Smith!

It’s not a matter of opinion that can be defended. It’s just a plain fact that you were wrong. Yet again!

As for the 9 games, if you’re including the cup games then the fact is that he qualified from the group stage.... unlike Jack Ross the previous season!

You’re the King of Wrong!

19 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

How have you defended the Liam Smith point?

He’s signed for a Championship side at the start of the transfer window. It means the point you were making last year about the only reason that a Premiership club didn’t sign him cos it was late on in the window was wrong!

It’s not a matter of opinion that can be defended. It’s just a plain fact that you were wrong. Yet again!

As for the 9 games, if you’re including the cup games then the fact is that he qualified from the group stage.... unlike Jack Ross the previous season!

You’re the King of Wrong!

So I wasn’t wrong the point was an expression of my opinion. And it was that Liam Smith could have been a good signing & we might very well have went for him had he come available earlier in the window. Given that he had another great season & has been signed by a club with SP ambitions that have signed several players from the SP, I think that’s a justifiable point...

can you see how his early availability equalled him getting signed by a club wanting to build an SP squad could support that? (You’re also wrong that they aren’t building a squad capable of being SP quality unless you think they intent to sign 11 new starting players if they get promoted  :rolleyes:

Jack Ross didn’t fail to beat an amateur & a non league side which is what I’m basing part of the reason for sacking him on. You saying about the league cup qualification which I didn’t mention is irrelevant, so again not wrong. Trying to twist words to fit your agenda is very cute but it just shows you as the troll we all know you are. 

You didn’t think we should have sacked Stubbs & taken on OK. We did and he guided us to SP survival so people with that view like yourself (an extreme minority) seem to be the ones that are wrong... unless you’d rather we tried our luck keeping NBM, King, Kpekawa, Heaton and the likes? :lol:

Edited by bazil85

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So I wasn’t wrong the point was an expression of my opinion. And it was that Liam Smith could have been a good signing & we might very well have went for him had he come available earlier in the window. Given that he had another great season & has been signed by a club with SP ambitions that have signed several players from the SP, I think that’s a justifiable point...

can you see how his early availability equalled him getting signed by a club wanting to build an SP squad could support that? :rolleyes:

Jack Ross didn’t fail to beat an amateur & a non league side which is what I’m basing part of the reason for sacking him on. You saying about the league cup qualification which I didn’t mention is irrelevant, so again not wrong. Trying to twist words to fit your agenda is very cute but it just shows you as the troll we all know you are. 

You didn’t think we should have sacked Stubbs & taken on OK. We did and he guided us to SP survival so people with that view like yourself (an extreme minority) seem to be the ones that are wrong... unless you’d rather we tried our luck keeping NBM, King, Kpekawa, Heaton and the likes? :lol:

IF Liam Smith was good enough for the Premiership how come he played last season in the Championship and is there again next season...?

Does anyone seriously think Liam Smith is better than Paul McGinn ?

Don't waste your time on the troll - he is fishing for bites - ignore him and the forum is much better...

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

IF Liam Smith was good enough for the Premiership how come he played last season in the Championship and is there again next season...?

Does anyone seriously think Liam Smith is better than Paul McGinn ?

Don't waste your time on the troll - he is fishing for bites - ignore him and the forum is much better...

My point was that Liam Smith didn’t become available until very late last summer after a lot of teams had already finalised much of their squad. I was purely speculating that if he had been available since day 1 we might have went for him. Wendy Saintss has been really upset over this speculation for close to a year now and can’t let it go. 

Paul McGinn had a great season, delighted with him. hindsight is a wonderful thing & there’s nothing to say he would have been the clear choice if both were available at the same time. McGinn is also able to play one up so it wouldn’t have necessarily had to be a choice. 

As for this season, I’d be surprised if United aren’t able to compete financially with some smaller SP teams & will have a draw for players due to their size & inevitability that they’ll eventually be back. 

It was all speculation, never statement of fact.