Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Is he? His goalscoring record at this level is very similar to Jackson last season. 

Nothing he's done has ever shown that he's capable of being a regular goalscorer in the top flight. I don't think he's a route we should be going. 

I hear Jai Quitongo is available though. :lol:

Stephen Dobbie isn't available but probably won't stop Big yards saying we should go for him too.

Someone on the Clyde thread on P&B says their midfielder Chris McStay (son of Paul) was due to join us on trial next week before the managerial changes. Dunno if that will still happen.

EDIT: He's staying at Clyde so that puts that one to bed!

Edited by Stu

10 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

He’d be a good signing, far too good to go back to the Championship.

I think we were sniffing round him last season, too, so it wouldn't be a massive surprise. Might depend how easy Hearts are to deal with. Obviously happy to give us Edwards, but maybe not an actually decent player.

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Hopefully not Steven Boyd from Hamilton. He's very rubbish. 

I see Isma has been released by his team in Iran. Surely a wee call wouldn't go amiss. 

Sweep has just called him...............................Isma told him to feck off. 

Edited by faraway saint

19 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Someone on Twitter saying they spotted Toni Andreu with Saints gear on at the airport with squad flying out to Spain.

I thought he'd be a great signing for Accies but then didn't appear to do a great deal. Then again, he was virtually ever-present in a side that edged to safety, so maybe he's ok.

There was a picture of the trialists from the game on Friday night and I've now convinced myself he could have been one of them, but I can't find it now. Anyone got it?

Never mind, it's not him. Passing resemblance, maybe. Unless someone saw this guy at the airport and took it to be Andreu...

image.png.23349ef4b4017a8518f2e3828aa67c43.png image.png.c9612ba377393c29eee5ba2342fff049.png

Edited by Magic Monkey

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

A fit Tony Andreu would be a very good signing IMO.

Yeah, I'm really pleased with that - I was worried he might not be fit but Accies fans have said he was finding good form towards the back end of the season. Threat from free kicks, too.

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thought we were ok for midfielders ? Cant say I remember him playing. 

He played pretty much all of the games when Accies beat Hearts, Aberdeen and St Johnstone in the latter stages of the season. He was MotM when they won 1-0 at Dens.

Put it this way: I bet Accies would keep him if they could.