Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

16 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I wasn't overly excited when I heard Tony was on trial,  but since I've read all the seethe coming for the Accie fans today , I really hope he shows up well in Spain. 

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

I wasn't overly excited when I heard Tony was on trial,  but since I've read all the seethe coming for the Accie fans today , I really hope he shows up well in Spain. 

I've always been very impressed by Andreu.

Think the last meeting was the only game I can remember where he didn't really show up against us.

Accies fans are beeling as he wasn't particularly good for them second time around but they accepted that he was still getting back to fitness and began showing just how important a player he'd be to them after the split (apart from against us!) so a few of them feel he's shafted them if he comes to us and we reap the benefits of Accies getting his sharpness back.

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I've always been very impressed by Andreu.

Think the last meeting was the only game I can remember where he didn't really show up against us.

Accies fans are beeling as he wasn't particularly good for them second time around but they accepted that he was still getting back to fitness and began showing just how important a player he'd be to them after the split (apart from against us!) so a few of them feel he's shafted them if he comes to us and we reap the benefits of Accies getting his sharpness back.

If he can stay fit and recapture form of old , he will be a good addition.

5 hours ago, NB18 said:

Youri Djorkaeffs son travelled with the squad.

Seemed to do reasonably well against Rosario, allows Goodwin to get a look at him as he missed the friendly over in Belfast. Screenshot_20190701-162320.jpeg

Centre midfield played all his career so far at B level. Hmm hope he is at least half as good as his old fellow. 

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Miller_(footballer)

Apparently Gary Miller is in Spain with us.

A defensive midfielder.

A position that I think we need improved upon, compared to last season.

we need moar midfielders!!!1!1!!!!

(But no, I agree, we've not had a decent DM since the manager left. And I'm starting to wonder if we'll definitely get a full season out of McGinn...)

The best news of all is that he has a LinkedIn profile :lol:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/gary-miller-1092a495/

Edited by Magic Monkey

On 7/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, FTOF said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Miller_(footballer)

Apparently Gary Miller is in Spain with us.

A defensive midfielder.

A position that I think we need improved upon, compared to last season.

I wonder if we are looking to move on any of the current midfielders if we have at least two more on trial.

Another pre-season where we are leaving it very late to get the squad together, still holes all over it and little time to play together before the League Cup games. Feels familiar.

36 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I wonder if we are looking to move on any of the current midfielders if we have at least two more on trial.

Another pre-season where we are leaving it very late to get the squad together, still holes all over it and little time to play together before the League Cup games. Feels familiar.

Not sure. Miller is a total utility man who can play 3 or 4 positions and the squad definitely needs one of those. 

9 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Louis Longridge was in some of the pictures from Spain, think he will get a game as a trialist. Left winger/striker, ex Accies, Dunfermline, Falkirk 

Great. Not really that inspiring tbh.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Louis Longridge was in some of the pictures from Spain, think he will get a game as a trialist. Left winger/striker, ex Accies, Dunfermline, Falkirk 

We aren't exactly going to set the league on fire with these names going about now. Just seems like a waste of money taking them to Spain really.

Given that Popescu and Muzek have walked now too I am beginning to doubt the effectiveness of this current scouting and management system again. All looked well a few weeks ago - not so much now!

38 minutes ago, Kemp said:

We aren't exactly going to set the league on fire with these names going about now. Just seems like a waste of money taking them to Spain really.

Given that Popescu and Muzek have walked now too I am beginning to doubt the effectiveness of this current scouting and management system again. All looked well a few weeks ago - not so much now!

Give it time buddie things are being done sounds like a good mix to me on top of what we have. Looking forward to the coming season we will build on last season. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Give it time buddie things are being done sounds like a good mix to me on top of what we have. Looking forward to the coming season we will build on last season. 

What sounds like a good mix to you?

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm working on the assumption that the scouting team found and worked with Hodson, Muzek and Popescu so they know how good they are - any new recruits will rightly be measured against what we have lost. Hopefully, some exciting signings bubbling away.

1 minute ago, magnus said:

I'm working on the assumption that the scouting team found and worked with Hodson, Muzek and Popescu so they know how good they are - any new recruits will rightly be measured against what we have lost. Hopefully, some exciting signings bubbling away.

Hodson?? He came in during the "wheel of fortune" Allan Stubbs loan signing bonanza. I can assure you no work went in to scouting him.

Muzek and Popescu were good, especially the latter, but were seemingly on their way back this season and have now wandered off.

None of this is screaming stability to me.