Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

. All looked well a few weeks ago - not so much now!

A few weeks ago, we had a different manager.

Of course our preparations for signings have been disrupted, and we will be behind schedule.

However, I'm sure Jim Goodwin won't have been slow in identifying potential signings, and may have sanctioned pursuing some of the players previously identified.

Not ideal, but we are where we are.

At least it isn't Stubbs that's identifying transfer targets this year.<_<

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

What sounds like a good mix to you?

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

What sounds like a good mix to you?

Let's just see what develops we are actively trying to sign a good calibre of players. Then you have players on trial from clubs Goodwin managed against so he wants a look at a couple that may have impressed him. 

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Hodson?? He came in during the "wheel of fortune" Allan Stubbs loan signing bonanza. I can assure you no work went in to scouting him.

Muzek and Popescu were good, especially the latter, but were seemingly on their way back this season and have now wandered off.

None of this is screaming stability to me.

I do agree. I am in blind faith mode!

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

We aren't exactly going to set the league on fire with these names going about now. Just seems like a waste of money taking them to Spain really.

Given that Popescu and Muzek have walked now too I am beginning to doubt the effectiveness of this current scouting and management system again. All looked well a few weeks ago - not so much now!

So you know exactly what's going on behind the scenes?Perhaps you could share it with us?

We aren't exactly going to set the league on fire with these names going about now. Just seems like a waste of money taking them to Spain really. Given that Popescu and Muzek have walked now too I am beginning to doubt the effectiveness of this current scouting and management system again. All looked well a few weeks ago - not so much now!

The usual negative pish

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

We aren't exactly going to set the league on fire with these names going about now. Just seems like a waste of money taking them to Spain really.

Given that Popescu and Muzek have walked now too I am beginning to doubt the effectiveness of this current scouting and management system again. All looked well a few weeks ago - not so much now!

How can you mention Popescu and Muzek who were scouted by our backroom team and say they're not up to the task? Let's at least wait and see who they find this time around before criticising them.

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

There is stiff competition for that title. Kemp isn't even in the top ten.

Only one winner for that title actually :lol:

As I have seem to got under the skin of all of the the forum trolls then I must have done something right.

31 minutes ago, HSS said:

So you know exactly what's going on behind the scenes?Perhaps you could share it with us?

Where did I say anything close to that?

I think it is an entirely fair comment to say the current situation calls in to doubt the effectiveness of a Director of Football bringing stability to the team.

Hopefully there are advanced negotiations going on with players of a better standard than those trialists. I don't see any problem in saying I am a bit concerned now though.