Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

21 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

If you type his name into Google then click news you will see the artical from 8 hours ago. 

Weirdly, the actual article doesn't mention it. I think whoever's written the intro/links has just got themselves confused.

Full text:

Haitian international striker Duckens Nazon arrived this Sunday July 7, 2019 in Port-au-Prince to spend a holiday before joining his club to prepare the next season. The grenadier was welcomed as a hero at the Toussaint Louverture International Airport by dozens of supporters and airport employees.

Port-au-Prince, July 7, 2019. Authorized by his Scottish club to stay a few days in his country after his participation in the Gold Cup with the Haitian football team, Duckens Nazon arrived this Sunday, July 7 in the Haitian capital. The scorer Grenadiers arrived around noon on 30 November on a flight of Air Caribbean.

Author of two goals and two assists in the final phase of the fifteenth edition of the Golden Cup, the beloved child of Haitian football received a warm welcome on Sunday when he arrived at the Toussaint Louverture International Airport in Port-au-Prince. au-Prince.

Duckens Nazon will stay only four days in the country before joining his Scottish club to prepare the new season.

It must be said that the players of the national eleven gained a little more the sympathy of the public after their participation in the Gold Cup, competition in which they disputed, for the first time, the 1/2 finals.

On Friday, midfielder Violette Athletic Club, Steeven Saba and center defender Capitaine Sportive Capoise (CSA), Djimy Bend Alexis were treated to the same welcome on arrival at Toussaint Louverture International Airport. .

2 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Think there definitely a player in the duck,get pre season under his belt and could be a great signing 

Yeah, I'd take him back. I feel if the right manager could rein in his 'red card waiting to happen' tendencies, then there'd be a real character there.

4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah, I'd take him back. I feel if the right manager could rein in his 'red card waiting to happen' tendencies, then there'd be a real character there.

Hopefully the right manager could also sort out the bad refereeing that resulted in his red cards.

Cant see him returning though. 

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

Hopefully the right manager could also sort out the bad refereeing that resulted in his red cards.

Cant see him returning though. 

Funnily enough I watched the last final play off game the other day. We were playing Dundee United and an SFA offical. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Funnily enough I watched the last final play off game the other day. We were playing Dundee United and an SFA offical. 

The 1st game at Tannadice was similar. Obviously I'm biased but so were the officials. 

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yeah: I re-watched chunks of it again not that long ago, hoping that in the cold light of day I wouldn't be quite so raging, but I still was.

Beaton was definitely at it that day.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah: I re-watched chunks of it again not that long ago, hoping that in the cold light of day I wouldn't be quite so raging, but I still was.

Beaton was definitely at it that day.

You get a decent wad and your allowed to be shit at it , good job if you can get it.

45 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Any idea who the no 22 was last night. Listed as “Iban Cossow” on the teamsheet but google returns nothing (unlike the others who have a wee bit of a background). Seemed a lot better than the no 6 and pinged a quality 40 yard pass in the second half.

I ran a few different versions of the spelling, too, in case it was a misprint (Ivan?), but found absolutely hee-haw. Unusual in this day and age.

Edit: I've tried again and I think I've found him. I think it is a mis-print, and it's Iban Cossou. This is him on Facebook - does it look like he matches?

https://www.facebook.com/iban.cossou.7

https://www.football365.fr/joueur/cossou-iban-239602.shtml

Image may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoor

Edited by Magic Monkey

52 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Any idea who the no 22 was last night. Listed as “Iban Cossow” on the teamsheet but google returns nothing (unlike the others who have a wee bit of a background). Seemed a lot better than the no 6 and pinged a quality 40 yard pass in the second half.

I've read everything on him from 'quality' to 'never a footballer' from last night.

I ran a few different versions of the spelling, too, in case it was a misprint (Ivan?), but found absolutely hee-haw. Unusual in this day and age.

Edit: I've tried again and I think I've found him. I think it is a mis-print, and it's Iban Cossou. This is him on Facebook - does it look like he matches?
17757151_1050785625065343_8453481547664964195_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110%26_nc_oc=AQl1GUerdBf-kc1GkOtsAVU1ZsMiUbO4OqdMWMKRw6_8R30R6oUDrNIJubqerr8O7z0%26_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx%26oh=82ed3febd5249a7009e7be07af767b4a%26oe=5DC030C0&key=8cf61d5cc516eb210841fd98cc03c0003dbdc5f739d3fddcaff5d873a23241a5

Yeah that's him.

Just had a look on his Instagram and he's sitting in Glasgow Airport so looks like he won't be signed [emoji1309]

17757151_1050785625065343_8453481547664964195_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110%26_nc_oc=AQl1GUerdBf-kc1GkOtsAVU1ZsMiUbO4OqdMWMKRw6_8R30R6oUDrNIJubqerr8O7z0%26_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx%26oh=82ed3febd5249a7009e7be07af767b4a%26oe=5DC030C0&key=8cf61d5cc516eb210841fd98cc03c0003dbdc5f739d3fddcaff5d873a23241a5

Yeh, that looks like him. Could ping a pass, but was easily turned a couple of times and didn’t look too solid defensively. Hard to judge him on a 45 minute trial, playing with defenders he doesn’t know though.

Both trialists (Cossou & Francillette) are nowhere near as good as the CBs we already have the club.

Thought the big No.6 started off very nervous but came into the game slightly toward the end of the 1st half. Won a few headers in the air.

Would be very surprised if we signed ether tbh.

I see 3 of the 4 trialists from the French group are likely to not sign from the Stenny matchday thread.

Alceus I reckon is separate to that group. Could have been through the Duck or his agent, going on him playing for Haiti throughout the Gold Cup.

I thought he was quiet a tidy player. Would like to see him again (if we could play trialists in the League Cup [emoji849])