Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

12 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
On 7/14/2019 at 6:21 PM, St.Ricky said:
I would hope that this is possible. I hope the big Dutch Striker is possible and I hope we might still get Popesco back. Hope.. 

Yep, I'm still holding out for Popescu too. Hoping....

He's not in the Dinamo Bucharest squad that's playing tonight.

Wasn't sure where was best to post this, doesn't deserve its own thread but notice Greg Tansey is back from his injury and fit to play - but isn't being allowed to train with the squad at Ralston. Has been training on his own at a local rugby field. Someone asked him what was going on and he just replied "nothing to do with me mate"

Bizarre 

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Wasn't sure where was best to post this, doesn't deserve its own thread but notice Greg Tansey is back from his injury and fit to play - but isn't being allowed to train with the squad at Ralston. Has been training on his own at a local rugby field. Someone asked him what was going on and he just replied "nothing to do with me mate"

Bizarre 

Has taken up rugby. :wink:

23 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Bizarre 

Bizarre is right.

I had thought the social media clips of Tansey training in a public park was extra training on top of Ralston.

Didn't seem that long ago he was praising St Mirren for helping him come back from another operation.

A week seems a long time at St Mirren.

What has changed? Is this another fall out?

41 minutes ago, magnus said:

Bizarre is right.

I had thought the social media clips of Tansey training in a public park was extra training on top of Ralston.

Didn't seem that long ago he was praising St Mirren for helping him come back from another operation.

A week seems a long time at St Mirren.

What has changed? Is this another fall out?

Yeah my first thoughts when I saw those clips was "fair play, he's putting in extra work to get match fit"

Then noticed he had said he was already fit to play, now saying it's not his decision to be training alone. He seems a fairly quiet guy that just gets on with things so can't imagine its a fall out - maybe we just don't fancy him over some of the other centre mids at the club. Bit shite not letting the guy train with the squad though

Yeah my first thoughts when I saw those clips was "fair play, he's putting in extra work to get match fit"
Then noticed he had said he was already fit to play, now saying it's not his decision to be training alone. He seems a fairly quiet guy that just gets on with things so can't imagine its a fall out - maybe we just don't fancy him over some of the other centre mids at the club. Bit shite not letting the guy train with the squad though
Strange indeed. I'd have thought he could be the kind of tough tackling leader JG would have wanted to see on the pitch.

As Jocky says Ralston is plastic is it not?  He's training on grass.  Perhaps he was just ignoring prying questions.  If he had given a reason it would have been all over this forum and the conspiracy theorists on here would have run riot.  It's best to keep quiet and smile.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Bizarre 

No idea why he is on his own but there is no way any player who hasn't played a competive game in many months is fit to play. He may be over his injury/illness but bring match fit is a different story. It must be recuperation as if the club did not want him there then he would have been released at the end of the season. 

40 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Yet another player on salary not involved with the squad is that 3 players ? That's a lot of money being blown away by the wind. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

1 minute ago, nedflanders123 said:

No idea why he is on his own but there is no way any player who hasn't played a competive game in many months is fit to play. He may be over his injury/illness but bring match fit is a different story. It must be recuperation as if the club did not want him there then he would have been released at the end of the season. 

Yeah you're probably right Ned. I can imagine the club said "we have sports scientists, physio's dietician's fitness experts and a full physio room at Ralston, so Greg f**k off along to Barshaw and race the weans roon the boating pond"

Is he,  like Heaton being frozen out?

12 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

As Jocky says Ralston is plastic is it not?  He's training on grass.  Perhaps he was just ignoring prying questions.  If he had given a reason it would have been all over this forum and the conspiracy theorists on here would have run riot.  It's best to keep quiet and smile.

More than likely. 

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

Possibly the difference in intensity of training sessions. Goody will have the players in on tough training session and maybe its something that is too strenuous for the stage Tansey is at?

6 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Possibly the difference in intensity of training sessions. Goody will have the players in on tough training session and maybe its something that is too strenuous for the stage Tansey is at?

Looking at what we currently have fit - a little patience for a fit Tansey will be well worth the wait . . .   :2cool

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Too late for that I'm afraid.:(

55 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Looking at what we currently have fit - a little patience for a fit Tansey will be well worth the wait . . .   :2cool

So we have a grass training area at Ralston all the the staff needed for players yet Tansey is training on a ruby pitch away from the squad where he cant be monitored or assessed.  To me that means he is on his way out I'm sure our club has taken medical advice from the club doctor. Just seems a strange way to treat a player who we knew had a injury history. Suppose it should not come as a surprise given what's went on at the club for the past year. 

4 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Then he would be working one on one with a coach or physio, not down Barshaw on his tod!