Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Anyone know what happened to the defender we were about to sign, the guy who'd been a trialist with the Fakes?

We only offered contracts to Djorkaeff and Louis Longridge as far as I’ve heard... couldn’t agree terms with Longridge so I guess the rest have moved on.

25 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
1 hour ago, Doakes said:
We only offered contracts to Djorkaeff and Louis Longridge as far as I’ve heard... couldn’t agree terms with Longridge so I guess the rest have moved on.

We offered Longbridge a contract ? And one he wouldn't agree too ? Something is very wrong somewhere.

Dodged a bullet with Longridge

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

I have heard we are skint from a few sources.  If you could not agree terms with a championship player then it really makes you wonder how bad our financial situation is. 

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I have heard we are skint from a few sources.  If you could not agree terms with a championship player then it really makes you wonder how bad our financial situation is. 

Is one of them LPM. :whistle

3 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
4 hours ago, Doakes said:

We offered Longbridge a contract ? And one he wouldn't agree too ? Something is very wrong somewhere.

Six month contract to prove himself , wanted more security !

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

f**k me we offer him twice as long as our most expensive manager and he's still no happy?

you gotta laugh at Gus's interpretation of " MoneyBall".... Longridge ffs?

Goody offered the boy the chance to prove himself, not Gus. Just like Gus never signed Brad Lyons, he doesn’t sign every player he’s there to assist!

Edited by mattman

16 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

image.thumb.png.eab0f9ac61135eeb19b52a53fb6ef167.png

Isle of Bute Saint's internet history ^

Calm down, FFS. 

Copy and paste where I said we would be relegated.  If your pointing the finger show the post. You cant can you. What I will say clearly our player budget is not up to our expectations otherwise the recruitment would be well in place. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

14 hours ago, mattman said:

Goody offered the boy the chance to prove himself, not Gus. Just like Gus never signed Brad Lyons, he doesn’t sign every player he’s there to assist!

I'd tried explaining this to Wendy but I think he's still struggling to get his wee head around this concept .

20 hours ago, turrabuddie said:
21 hours ago, Doakes said:

Offering Longridge a contract would be very wrong

I'd tried explaining this to Wendy but I think he's still struggling to get his wee head around this concept .

A while back you stayed that Gus had absolutely nothing to do with the signings of Hladky, Popescu and Muzek and that they were brought to the club by a third party.

You are telling us here that Gus had nothing to do with the signing of Lyons (which is obvious).

I have never once disputed any of your statements on this issue. All I’ve done is quote what you’ve posted!

You’ve really tied yourself up in knots on this! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

A while back you stayed that Gus had absolutely nothing to do with the signings of Hladky, Popescu and Muzek and that they were brought to the club by a third party.

You are telling us here that Gus had nothing to do with the signing of Lyons (which is obvious).

I have never once disputed any of your statements on this issue. All I’ve done is quote what you’ve posted!

You’ve really tied yourself up in knots on this! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

So what is your point if you're agreeing with me ? 

52 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Our midfield could do with Trafford from ICT

I would hope Goodwin has a few targets lined up from the Championship.

Would be great if we hadn't burnt all the John McGinn money and could afford to bring in 4 or 5 ready to make the step up.

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

With the Verheydt deal torpedoed, who are we no, signing today?

c'mon there must be hundrerds of agents wanting the publicity that goes along with using us as Fluffers for the real money shot..!

Everyone.  As for the rest, you being cynical is not like you.   :wink:

11 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

Shambles of a club at this moment in time, no news, no rumours pretty pathetic and that's why we are where we belong.

Its easy to bring in junk, much harder to bring in quality. might take a few more weeks to players options get exhausted and we can get deals over the line. 

All the criticism of Gus McPherson and the board is just laughable. They will be working their backsides off trying to get deals done.

I think we should trust Jim and Gus to bring in the quality of player we need. I personally think they are both well capable of knowing what needs fixed and the type of signings we need to make.