Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

18 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Was reading an article about the 100s of young talented footballers that get released every year. Eh Gus its not that hard.

Given the roaring and greeting that would ensue if any player doesn't satisfy the requirements of the team and the high standards of the fans, then yes, it is that difficult.

Edited by FTOF

Well exactly, what are Well doing that we are not?

They're not only getting great service from these guys but they're selling them on for great money eg Moult signed from Wrexham, sold for £500k, Kipre signed from Leicester u23s, sold for £1M, Marvin Johnston signed from Kidderminster, sold for £750k and a further 300K when he moved to Boro, Heneghan signed from Chester sold for £450k...that's only going back two seasons.

I Know Motherwell have a guy working with them that works on re habilitation and getting guys fit with chronic injuries. I think part of their strategy is picking up good players who are considered a crock and get this guy working on them. When Moult was signed he had a chronic injury (pelvic or hamstring) I’m told he couldn’t shoot from the edge of the box due to this injury until this guy started working on him.

I suppose sometimes you need to think outside the box rather than going with the old tried and trusted method.

Also this guy worked on Steven Whittaker when he moved to Hibs from Norwich.

P.s. don’t know if all the players mentioned were all crocks before signing on at Motherwell.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Was reading an article about the 100s of young talented footballers that get released every year. Eh Gus its not that hard.

If only it was that easy DJ. Did AS not go down that route to some extent? Few shortcuts. Doesn't mean it is impossible. 

13 hours ago, DougJamie said:

11 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Two words mate..... Tony Andreu

You talk about all the "young" talented footballers that get released every year then quote 31 year old Tony Andreu as evidence!

:lol:

Just now, Wendy Saintss said:

You talk about all the "young" talented footballers that get released every year then quote 31 year old Tony Andreu as evidence!

:lol:

You really are thick as arent you. Irony is just lost on you. Away and look at the other tits in the Star . Clearly your level

On 7/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, The Original 59er said:

I'm really surprised that Charlie Adam's name hasn't featured anywhere...……………………….. :whistle

On 7/11/2019 at 1:32 PM, djchapsticks said:

It would be but he's been bouncing about English Championship clubs on trial all summer, still outwith our bracket. :lol: 

He has settled in Reading.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49076972

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

He has settled in Reading.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49076972

Yes I saw that last night, they will have been offering probably at least  6 times what we could muster per week, or maybe I should re-phrase that per game, as he is slightly injury prone and he will be lucky to get a straightforward deal at this stage in his career.

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Really surprised at that, they are in serious financial trouble. You'd think we'd be a better bet than that (if we were even in for him in the first place).

A gig at any third tier club in England is far more preferable and financially advantageous to anything we could offer I'm afraid! :huh:

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am trying not to put any fellow supporters on Ignore, but as you clearly arent a Saints supporter off you pop

He is a Saints fan, but I think has lapsed over the years. Now I think he's just here for the banter.