Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

He said in his post match interview he could easily have 5 or 6 players in already but doesn’t want that he’s going for players that will be improvements on the squad and will no doubt be on the very edge of our budget for a player.

It’s frustrating and far from ideal but guess we just need to be patient.

Don’t know who calls them self st Mirren fans and enjoys starting rumours that he’s going to walk because he’s not getting backed I’m pretty sure jim will have the same backing as every other manager and shouldn’t get a penny more than the club can afford.

If the Ross county chairman wants to splash some of his own cash out bidding us for a player then that’s just hard luck for us.

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I repeat. Gus walks? 

Gus is in what should be a cushy number. A position where no focus should be on you and if you do job quietly in background, you're set for life and yet here it appears from the outside looking in that neither he, nor TF are doing an effective job in the most important part of their role, recruitment. 

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:
22 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I repeat. Gus walks? 

Gus is in what should be a cushy number. A position where no focus should be on you and if you do job quietly in background, you're set for life and yet here it appears from the outside looking in that neither he, nor TF are doing an effective job in the most important part of their role, recruitment. 

A tad harsh methinks, let's be honest Gus may well have had three or four 'targets' lined up............. ....not to say Goody thought they were an improvement............... remember Gus usually went for players who could 'do a job'  Goody is looking for slightly better.  This could mean not ALL 'targets' were suitable and given we are running behind (as per usual) it's easy to suddenly be .............desperate to sign anyone.    which is just what JG (in my opinion) won't do, which means ........ we are where we are, not ideal NO but my feeling is tighten up your pampers and gie the man a break.  COYS,

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

We don't need a goalkeeper (currently) and Lee Erwin seems like he's hardly kicked a ball in 12 months. Of course you'll know better than anyone at either club that the due diligence Ross County are doing is more in-depth than what St Mirren are doing... 

Wait.....does Baz think.....does he think the reason we don't have enough players to even fill the subs bench is because we are carrying out an exhaustive due diligence process? 🤣

Well praise the lord for Gordon Scott's good corporate governance!

7 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

He said in his post match interview he could easily have 5 or 6 players in already but doesn’t want that he’s going for players that will be improvements on the squad and will no doubt be on the very edge of our budget for a player.

Don’t know who calls them self st Mirren fans and enjoys starting rumours that he’s going to walk because he’s not getting backed I’m pretty sure jim will have the same backing as every other manager and shouldn’t get a penny more than the club can afford.

If the Ross county chairman wants to splash some of his own cash out bidding us for a player then that’s just hard luck for us.

I was glad to hear this. We will get the players eventually, however it will be nearer the end of the window when these players realise that their not as popular as their agents were telling them. That’s when St Mirren step in. 

7 hours ago, Kemp said:

Wait.....does Baz think.....does he think the reason we don't have enough players to even fill the subs bench is because we are carrying out an exhaustive due diligence process? 🤣

Well praise the lord for Gordon Scott's good corporate governance!

So you don’t think we are? So after OK & GLS both explaining in detail the structure behind Gus role to do that & after that’s exactly what happened in January, now we’ve just stopped doing it and the ‘list as long as my arm’ comments have just been lies? 

Yeah Oran speaks highly of the backing he got last month lol

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

So you don’t think we are? So after OK & GLS both explaining in detail the structure behind Gus role to do that & after that’s exactly what happened in January, now we’ve just stopped doing it and the ‘list as long as my arm’ comments have just been lies? 

What planet are you on Baz?

The season is well underway and we can't even fill our subs bench. We are a top league professional football club with about 12 senior players. In what world is this acceptable?