Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Yeah Oran speaks highly of the backing he got last month lol

We are are talking about transfer which the turnover in player we had in January and other windows it’s clear managers are getting the full backing in the transfer windows and not told to work with what they have.

The Commuting farce is a completely different story

There's a 28-year old forward/striker who Jim used to play with, is proven at this level (13 goals in 35 games two seasons ago), is a free agent and is a cult hero round Paisley parts.
I wonder how many texts Goodwin has sent him so far this summer... [emoji185]
[emoji1201][emoji1201]

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

There's a 28-year old forward/striker who Jim used to play with, is proven at this level (13 goals in 35 games two seasons ago), is a free agent and is a cult hero round Paisley parts.

I wonder how many texts Goodwin has sent him so far this summer... :ph34r:

He was contacted weeks ago would imagine he is waiting to see what choices he got. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

5 hours ago, Kemp said:

What planet are you on Baz?

The season is well underway and we can't even fill our subs bench. We are a top league professional football club with about 12 senior players. In what world is this acceptable?

Yes, but we're ok because the window doesn't shut for ages.

You know how this will pan out, 2 or 3 desperate signings towards the end of the window, then we'll be told by the clubs mouthpiece not to worry, there's still free agents available.

Or am I being a bit pessimistic ?

2 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

You know how this will pan out, 2 or 3 desperate signings towards the end of the window, then we'll be told by the clubs mouthpiece not to worry, there's still free agents available.

No, it's called deja vu.

Whatever will be will be.

I remember a knicker soaking of torrential proportions last January just before the window shut.

There was a lot of humble pie eaten around then.

Best not to jump the gun and see what has transpired after the window shuts.😊

2 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

I would say you are correct.  Why is it like that is the obvious question? We must have squandered a lot of money with a constant revolving door. You can understand why Gus was brought in though that would have been another players wage. 

Its great saying/suggesting we will have all the players we need in by the end of the window, or free agents thereafter.... but that is essentially kissing goodbye to 24 league points. I never knew we could afford to give the rest of our relegation contenders a 24 point start!

feck me.... mibbaes Gus & the board are fecking geniuses..? Or......?

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Record reporting ex Doncaster full back Tyler Garatt on trial with us. No deal been offered at this point. 

Scraping around for leftovers, FFS! 

Played 6 games on loan last season at Wimbledon. 

PS It is Wiki so could be total bollox. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Garratt

12 minutes ago, dumbarton_bud said:

Nah, just means he's switched to the Guinness. 

Guinness drinking should be banned in Glasgow City Centre pubs as soon as the outside temperature hits 70 degrees. It completely buggers up the service to us lager drinkers. I'm fed up standing there like a fud watching the barman watch the guinness dribble out the tap. Unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

Guinness drinking should be banned in Glasgow City Centre pubs as soon as the outside temperature hits 70 degrees. It completely buggers up the service to us lager drinkers. I'm fed up standing there like a fud watching the barman watch the guinness dribble out the tap. Unacceptable.

f**king horrible drink. 

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Record reporting ex Doncaster full back Tyler Garatt on trial with us. No deal been offered at this point. 

It actually said he had been on trial with us but wouldn't be offered a deal. It was first on here over a week ago.

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Scraping around for leftovers, FFS! 

Played 6 games on loan last season at Wimbledon. 

PS It is Wiki so could be total bollox. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler_Garratt

There was a mention earlier today that he had been on trial but had not been offered a deal.