Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Can see him returning to Hearts, or a club of similar standard. Better clubs than us will state an interest in him, it wasn’t long ago he was banging in the goals for Hearts so he won’t have declined much.

Would you have him in Paisley? 

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Can see him returning to Hearts, or a club of similar standard. Better clubs than us will state an interest in him, it wasn’t long ago he was banging in the goals for Hearts so he won’t have declined much.

Levein pretty well slammed the door on that last night on Sportsound…..I got the feeling he wasn't too enamoured with the way Lafferty left previously!!

12 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Levein pretty well slammed the door on that last night on Sportsound…..I got the feeling he wasn't too enamoured with the way Lafferty left previously!!

Fair enough, didn’t hear that as I don’t listen to Sportsound. My next random guess will be Kilmarnock then :lol:

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Would you have him in Paisley? 

The guys still a proven goalscorer. We couldn’t put a goal in open play past three sides miles below us in the league system. I dislike the guy and think he’s a knobend, but on footballing ability I’d very easily take him right now.

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

From what I'm hearing he is carrying some nasty baggage that's why he has been frozen out. Even if we could afford him we should stay well clear. 

Beggars can't be choosers.  But know doubt it will be disputed as in your case. 

16 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I dislike the guy and think he’s a knobend, but on footballing ability I’d very easily take him right now.

I think it was sending a picture of his knobend to a teenager that got him into trouble. 

The guys still a proven goalscorer. We couldn’t put a goal in open play past three sides miles below us in the league system. I dislike the guy and think he’s a knobend, but on footballing ability I’d very easily take him right now.
If Killie had a Scottish manager I think he'd be heading there, but not sure their new guy will know about him or want him.

29 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Stevie May deal with the fakes is off

Dundee look to be up next

Goodwin was seen at McDiarmid Park last night chatting with May's agent Rowan Vine (was mentioned by a few folk in St. Johnstone match day thread over on P&B) .

Few St. Johnstone fans seem to think he's St. Mirren bound but I can't see it. If so it was very nice of St. Johnstone to give him a successful medical on our behalf. Haah

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats because he has injury/fitness issues. Sensible clubs will steer well clear.... so i expect to see him with a saints scarf over his head by teatime tomorrow. Lol

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Goodwin was seen at McDiarmid Park last night chatting with May's agent Rowan Vine (was mentioned by a few folk in St. Johnstone match day thread over on P&B) .

Few St. Johnstone fans seem to think he's St. Mirren bound but I can't see it. If so it was very nice of St. Johnstone to give him a successful medical on our behalf. Haah

Someone's telling porkies.

But St Mirren are also chasing the Dons striker and May’s agent Rowan Vine was spotted at McDiarmid on Wednesday beside Paisley boss Jim Goodwin.(Daily Record)

Edited by pod

45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats because he has injury/fitness issues. Sensible clubs will steer well clear.... so i expect to see him with a saints scarf over his head by teatime tomorrow. Lol

You are hearing those voices again (or just making stuff up as usual). Fakes fans on PnB state to a man it's because another club has bettered the Fakes offer and the agent wants them to match it which they have refused to do. But wait we are totally skint according to you so no way we have outbid the Fakes surely ?!?!?!?

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You are hearing those voices again (or just making stuff up as usual). Fakes fans on PnB state to a man it's because another club has bettered the Fakes offer and the agent wants them to match it which they have refused to do. But wait we are totally skint according to you so no way we have outbid the Fakes surely ?!?!?!?

You just making shit up again?

where have i said we are totally skint? Answer... nowhere!

what i have said is we have identified and missed out on targets because we werent in a postion to meet there wage demands! Meaning our budget yet again bears no resemblance to the board's expectations.

we are going in for players and for some bizarre reason knowingly.... offering them less than we know they will agree to! Hence Popescu, Verheydt, Erwin etc...etc... rocking up somewhere else. 

Now with the small budget we could put all our eggs in one basket to sign a May or whoever, but will one decent signing give us a successful season i.e. Staying up?

14 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Is there anything you don't know? 

Lottery numbers. Because I write about the player budget you follow me around like a bad penny. Heard from fellow buds what targets we are after on Pie and bovril. If your talking about the Rangers striker it's quite common knowledge within their fans. 

It would be a very welcome shot in the arm if we were able to sign May.

There seems to be some doubt as to May signing for the Fakes or Dundee according to press reports.

If true, that just leaves us and Kilmarnock of the remaining rumoured suitors.

Do we want him badly enough?

On 7/23/2019 at 4:36 PM, Lord Pityme said:

See Ross County just added two more experienced players. How on earth did they manage to pull off that? I mean i dont even think they've got a technical director, or been to La Manga ffs!

I've mentioned this before so apologies....Ross County are still throwing money at players be it straight cash or cash/accommodation. Both County and Caley did it for years but

Caley are pink lint and can't compete in this type of market any more. There was always problems tempting players to move North and only one way to overcome that..cash.

Remember Uncle Roy bulleted McIntyre and Dodds and then promoted from within which saved a few bob....Make no mistake they are operating with a hefty budget.

I've mentioned this before so apologies....Ross County are still throwing money at players be it straight cash or cash/accommodation. Both County and Caley did it for years but
Caley are pink lint and can't compete in this type of market any more. There was always problems tempting players to move North and only one way to overcome that..cash.
Remember Uncle Roy bulleted McIntyre and Dodds and then promoted from within which saved a few bob....Make no mistake they are operating with a hefty budget.

They have just sold a player so maybe that's why they were able to bring 2 other players in. Remember they also lost their 1st choice keeper who decided he would rather play with the Jags in the championship than in the top league.

31 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

You do know they are selling players for very nice sums down south..? Wheras our chairman sees transfer receipts as money to throw at managers and players he dorsnt want. So if you've mentioned it before you should be apologising! Lol

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:

They have just sold a player so maybe that's why they were able to bring 2 other players in. Remember they also lost their 1st choice keeper who decided he would rather play with the Jags in the championship than in the top league.

Do you think a player will up sticks to the Highlands if he has a similar deal from a Central Belt Team when you factor in moving house/ renting.....no chance.

County have to offer more dosh. That's how they do it.