Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The keeper LEFT Ross C after at least 2 seasons with them to move to Glasgow for a team in the lower league, why if Ross pay so much more ?

Do you think a player will up sticks to the Highlands if he has a similar deal from a Central Belt Team when you factor in moving house/ renting.....no chance.
County have to offer more dosh. That's how they do it.

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

From their accounts, Ross County have been recording pretty substantial losses over the past few years.

Like other clubs, they like to hide their profit and loss accounts but they don't look healthy at all.

Their owner is extremely wealthy he has bank rolled them for years. You would think there must come a point where you say enough is enough. I watched their title home game the attendance was very poor and no atmosphere considering the magnitude of the occasion. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Their owner is extremely wealthy he has bank rolled them for years. You would think there must come a point where you say enough is enough. I watched their title home game the attendance was very poor and no atmosphere considering the magnitude of the occasion. 

He is worth between 500m to 1bn

2 hours ago, renfrew said:

The keeper LEFT Ross C after at least 2 seasons with them to move to Glasgow for a team in the lower league, why if Ross pay so much more ?

He wanted to be beside his family, there have been plenty players who came up but did not move their families. They were happy enough to make a right few bob then go back south after one or two seasons. 

54 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

A nice precise figure. Very accurate. emoji3.png

You surely know the saying that if you can say how much you are worth it's because you dont have much in the first place.

His business interests are also likely to provide flexibility we cant do in terms of housing and other issues.

A mini version perhaps of how Man City handle financial fair play rules, but I am sure you considered all of this before replying.

1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:

He wanted to be beside his family, there have been plenty players who came up but did not move their families. They were happy enough to make a right few bob then go back south after one or two seasons. 

Since he would have been paying for his digs up north as well as travel cost up and down the A9 plus his family home, Ross C really must have been paying him mega money  :byebye

4 hours ago, renfrew said:

Since he would have been paying for his digs up north as well as travel cost up and down the A9 plus his family home, Ross C really must have been paying him mega money  :byebye

How do you know he was paying for a place to stay up there? How do you know he was paying for his travel costs? He may not

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Ross County do pay their players over the odds. End of story. I'm surprised that this is even up for debate. It's been well documented by their own fans on P&B.

You are correct but it doesn't end there. Accommodation, travel etc. 

27 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

FFS x 100 emoji23.png

Have you dealt directly with football clubs and players? It's a while since I have but the contracts and other arrangements between club and players have evolved. Privacy requirements mean that I can't give examples. However, if you'd prefer to think differently then fine. 

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

How do you know he was paying for a place to stay up there? How do you know he was paying for his travel costs? He may not

Yes, you could be right since maybe he was sharing a bin with Topcat    :lol   

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Have you dealt directly with football clubs and players? It's a while since I have but the contracts and other arrangements between club and players have evolved. Privacy requirements mean that I can't give examples. However, if you'd prefer to think differently then fine. 

Championship Manager 3?

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Ross County do pay their players over the odds. End of story. I'm surprised that this is even up for debate. It's been well documented by their own fans on P&B.

Documented?  On P&B?

Really?

Gossiped and speculated on?  Undoubtedly.  You've fallen into the habit that you criticise other posters for-assuming what they saw on a football chat is Gospel.

With the whirlwind of speculation surrounding all aspects of the club's current failings. Is our manager about to walk?
the speculation has popped up in more than one place now.

Oh dear LPM. It really is silly season. For what it’s worth, I hear that good news is about to break. Watch this space. Patience my Lord, patience

35 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Oh dear LPM. It really is silly season. For what it’s worth, I hear that good news is about to break. Watch this space. Patience my Lord, patience

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

No

And if, as is rumoured we havent been able to offer May what he wants? The assurances Goody was given look as solid as the ones Oran got on commuting..!

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And if, as is rumoured we havent been able to offer May what he wants? The assurances Goody was given look as solid as the ones Oran got on commuting..!

That's a big leap: not being prepared/able to meet May's shifting demands is not the same as breaking assurances to Goodwin. Besides, it looks like he was going to the Fakes until Dundee came in and gazumped them. I emphatically disagree that we should be getting suckered into a bidding war for a player who might not even turn out to be that good any more.

Just now, Magic Monkey said:

That's a big leap: not being prepared/able to meet May's shifting demands is not the same as breaking assurances to Goodwin. Besides, it looks like he was going to the Fakes until Dundee came in and gazumped them. I emphatically disagree that we should be getting suckered into a bidding war for a player who might not even turn out to be that good any more.

Its not about May's demands, bidding wars, or being gazumped! Or indeed about any one target.

its about backing up the assurances that Goody sought, and we assume got? That he would have the budget required to bring in the standard of player necessary to maintain our premiership status.

its purely about our board backing theur manager as they said they would. Evidence seems to indicate to the contrary!