Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Good, would hope the players coming in are going to make a real difference to the squad given the massive frailties currently.  Stelios wouldn't fall into that category although would be an improvement on some playing just now. 

Stelios would be an excellent signing , he wouldn't be an expensive option , but would always be involved in the matchday squad . An excellent squad player .

5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I've heard worse rumours.

LB has been a continual problem for us.

What's David Barron doing these days ?

Playing for pollok juniors. Couldn’t believe it when he got voted our player if the year. Absolute joke! A bit like Erhahon young player of the year because there was nobody else to pick! 

Edited by Big Yards

32 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Playing for pollok juniors. Couldn’t believe it when he got voted our player if the year. Absolute joke! A bit like Erhahon young player of the year because there was nobody else to pick! 

Tbf i picked cammy macpherson !

4 hours ago, Big Yards said:

If you want to see an absolute joke, you should pop over to another thread where some spangle called Big something or other slaughtered Gus for something Bobby Williamson said. He then followed that cracker up with a wee gem about how we should offer a contract to a 34 year old striker who scored 5 goals last season for Ayr.

Honestly I've had trouble wiping the smile off my face over the last couple of days.

Reilly and Mullen are too similar imo, we need something different up top. I think people under estimate the effect Morgan had in making guys like Reilly look better than they actually were. Morgan made everyone around him look good simply by his direct style dragging (mostly poor) defenders all over the shop creating the time and space for others to shine. Reilly would not be as effective without someone like that and I struggle to see where we will conjure up that sort of signing. A big strong powerful striker would be my preferred option.

I wouldn’t be too focused on that. During his time with Hearts he also had a less than impressive spell with the Pars in the Championship. That didn’t affect him when he joined us though.
He’s a much better goalscorer than Mullen.

36 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Good call! 

You do know there is a wee heart-shaped button (down on the rhs side of each post) that you could press to express your appreciation of (or antipathy to...) a post...?

Not only would it save your time (which, I know, is valuable) but also that of others who are already spending half their lives on here...?

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

You do know there is a wee heart-shaped button (down on the rhs side of each post) that you could press to express your appreciation of (or antipathy to...) a post...?

Not only would it save your time (which, I know, is valuable) but also that of others who are already spending half their lives on here...?

I just used it. 

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Reilly and Mullen are too similar imo, we need something different up top. I think people under estimate the effect Morgan had in making guys like Reilly look better than they actually were. Morgan made everyone around him look good simply by his direct style dragging (mostly poor) defenders all over the shop creating the time and space for others to shine. Reilly would not be as effective without someone like that and I struggle to see where we will conjure up that sort of signing. A big strong powerful striker would be my preferred option.

There is truth to the Morgan aspect, but Mullen also benefitted from that when he joined us and still came out with just 2 goals in over half the season. 

33 minutes ago, antrin said:

He uses that on about 90% of posts as well as stating the obvious.

Courting attention. 

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I uses that on about 90% of posts as well as stating the OBVIOUS. I know that I am just Courting attention. It's what I do. 

If you say so wee man. 

I just thought you were slightly challenged. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

12 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
I wouldn’t be too focused on that. During his time with Hearts he also had a less than impressive spell with the Pars in the Championship. That didn’t affect him when he joined us though.
He’s a much better goalscorer than Mullen.

Agree entirely we need the new Basher or Yards, big strong and able to hold the ball