Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

8 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You may well be correct stretch, however, I do remember BM staying in an interview that he’d spoken to Stewart urging him to join him at St Mirren.

I know what it says but Stubbs chose to take BM, he could have taken either one.....doesn't matter now...

21 hours ago, jaybee said:
23 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Reilly and Mullen are too similar imo, we need something different up top. I think people under estimate the effect Morgan had in making guys like Reilly look better than they actually were. Morgan made everyone around him look good simply by his direct style dragging (mostly poor) defenders all over the shop creating the time and space for others to shine. Reilly would not be as effective without someone like that and I struggle to see where we will conjure up that sort of signing. A big strong powerful striker would be my preferred option.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:36 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:
I wouldn’t be too focused on that. During his time with Hearts he also had a less than impressive spell with the Pars in the Championship. That didn’t affect him when he joined us though.
He’s a much better goalscorer than Mullen.

Agree entirely we need the new Basher or Yards, big strong and able to hold the ball

Just a thought (I do have the odd one from time to time) we could do with both Basher and Yards  versions 2.  

10 minutes ago, pod said:
15 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Just a thought (I do have the odd one from time to time) we could do with both Basher and Yards  versions 2.  

See the source image

Welllllllllllll, he may be a tad slower than usual, but I wouldn't want to be stood in his way

16 hours ago, insaintee said:

Quite excited by what I'm hearing although of course it might be shit. 

A left back 

Two wingers 

A centre half 

Two strikers 

A Midfielder. 

That's seven not four or five. but four signings and three loans

No, no, no.... thats not a signing list, thats today's fit roll call at Ralston!

16 hours ago, insaintee said:

A left back 

Two wingers 

A centre half 

Two strikers 

A Midfielder. 

Wish list:

A left back - the Man Utd boy

Two wingers - McAllister and Isma

A centre half - Mihai

Two strikers - May and Safranko

A Midfielder - the lad mentioned on this thread.

That'll do for starters, I suppose. I've put Isma as a winger as I think he's better coming in from the flank.

8 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Wanted by Gordon Scott (STV interview, 13th June) but not mentioned by Oran Kearney (Buddievision interview, 13th June).

So is it McAllister that Kearney was rumoured that he "couldnt wait till the season finished to get a negative influence out of the dressing room"?

26 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Wish list:

A left back - the Man Utd boy

Two wingers - McAllister and Isma

A centre half - Mihai

Two strikers - May and Safranko

A Midfielder - the lad mentioned on this thread.

That'll do for starters, I suppose. I've put Isma as a winger as I think he's better coming in from the flank.

Isma a winger - he's a good old fashioned centre forward in my memory

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Isma a winger - he's a good old fashioned centre forward in my memory

I see him playing wide in a 4-3-3 or wide left behind the main striker in a 4-2-3-1. Sure we were shite for half an hour in the League Cup final in a straight 4-4-2 until we pushed Isma wide and brought Gowser into the middle. I might have totally misremembered that, mind. It's been a while since I watched it so might need to rectify that.

Edit: apologies, he started wide left and we were shite, so yeah, mebbe you're correct :lol:

Edited by Magic Monkey

40 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I see him playing wide in a 4-3-3 or wide left behind the main striker in a 4-2-3-1. Sure we were shite for half an hour in the League Cup final in a straight 4-4-2 until we pushed Isma wide and brought Gowser into the middle. I might have totally misremembered that, mind. It's been a while since I watched it so might need to rectify that.

Edit: apologies, he started wide left and we were shite, so yeah, mebbe you're correct :lol:

He started to the left of Thommo in the semi final, and I think he may have spent 50/50 out there or through the middle. Think Lennon played 4-2-3-1 for bulk of that season...from memory! 

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Funny you never mentioned that st season. Lol

Ferdinand has gone now....doesnt matter what people say on here, people doubt it all the time..i also worked for club for 5 years and have very close connections...somethings u wouldnt believe..

4 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Ferdinand has gone now....doesnt matter what people say on here, people doubt it all the time..i also worked for club for 5 years and have very close connections...somethings u wouldnt believe..

You're right about those last four words!

Edited by Lord Pityme

7 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Were or are you the cleaner? Stevie Thomson? Worked at the pie stall? or the most obvious one ballboy?