Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

20 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Not to put a dampener on the whole signing bonanza thing but is this seriously the best we can muster up?

White - a Championship striker at best.

Calum Waters - also unproven at this level although a decent player.

Kyle McAllister hot & cold at all levels.

Foley - looks a good player... but we all know how YouTube videos deceive - and we don't particularly need another midfielder.

We've been crying out for a tough tackling "Goodwinesque" midfielder for several seasons.

This guy seems to fit the bill.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

It's imbecile.🙄

imbicile    Old English variant of "imbecile"
/ˈɪmbɪsiːl/
noun

informal
noun: imbicile; plural noun: imbiciles
  1. 1.

a stupid person.

clot, muppet, plonker, berk, prat

antonyms: genius
adjective
adjective: imbicile
  1. 1.
    stupid; idiotic.
    "try not to make imbicile remarks"
    synonyms: stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, doltish, half-witted, witless, dull, brainless, mindless, unintelligent, unwise; More
Edited by Sweeper07

imbicile    Old English variant of "imbecile" /ˈɪmbɪsiːl/ noun   informal noun: imbicile; plural noun: imbiciles
  1. 1.   a stupid person.

adjective adjective: imbicile
  1. 1. stupid; idiotic. "try not to make imbicile remarks"
    synonyms: stupid, foolish, idiotic, silly, doltish, half-witted, witless, dull, brainless, mindless, unintelligent, unwise; More

Don’t be so harsh on yourself!

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
imbicile    Old English variant of "imbecile"
/ˈɪmbɪsiːl/
noun

informal
noun: imbicile; plural noun: imbiciles
  1. 1.

a stupid person.

adjective
adjective: imbicile
  1. 1.
    stupid; idiotic.
    "try not to make imbicile remarks"

So we're speaking "old English" now?

Away and shite.😂

Just admit you fucked it up.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Not to put a dampener on the whole signing bonanza thing but is this seriously the best we can muster up?

Foley - looks a good player... but we all know how YouTube videos deceive - and we don't particularly need another midfielder.

McAllister is an outstanding player, it would be a great signing to have him back for the season. That is really about the best standard of player we can hope to bring in.

We do need better than Jordan White as our main striker though. Stevie May would certainly do the job! We live in hope.

On the Foley signing before the shambles we witnessed in league cup I would have agreed with you but now any player signing imo should be straight into team and Foley especially looks far better than what we have there at present except maybe Flynn.

3 minutes ago, Kemp said:

McAllister is an outstanding player, it would be a great signing to have him back for the season. That is really about the best standard of player we can hope to bring in.

We do need better than Jordan White as our main striker though. Stevie May would certainly do the job! We live in hope.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jordan White wouldn't be our main striker if he signs.

We'll almost certainly add another on top of him.

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

We do if we are playing 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1.

S.McGinn-Flynn-Magennis

Andreu-Djorkaeff

Any of those are out, we are left with the likes of Kellerman, Erhahon and McPherson to fill in.

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jordan White wouldn't be our main striker if he signs.

We'll almost certainly add another on top of him.

In the few times I saw the guy last season I thought he looked OK. One thing I did like is the fact he could put himself about. We seem to sign tall strikers with a decent build who cannot impose themselves on centre backs and get constantly bullied. White got stuck in which at least is a big improvement.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

We do if we are playing 4-3-2-1/4-2-3-1.

S.McGinn-Flynn-Magennis

Andreu-Djorkaeff

Any of those are out, we are left with the likes of Kellerman, Erhahon and McPherson to fill in.

McGinn and Kellerman out injured though... the later recovering from a dislocated Shoulder... no problem though others arriving to give us options before the weekend.... :ninja

11 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

No, and yes.

there was a quote attributed to Oran about this, but purely speculation as to who he had the evils for.

And I believe the source of this quote was ... you.

I hope you didn't just make it up for attention.

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Cody Cooke crocked - that makes more sense of our alleged interest in Jordan White. He would presumably be cover for Cooke who I expect would in turn be cover for what will eventually be our main strike force (whoever they prove to be).

Aye its so important these days not to target the player you actually need, but indeed a 'lesser' version of him should be in the door first! How on earth would we fare if we just went around hiring the guy we really need straight off the bat?

Jordan White is the level of our targets, like Foley released down south. Fwiw i cant see Goody sticking around for long once the beatings start. If JW is our main threat it will be torture for JG.