Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye its so important these days not to target the player you actually need, but indeed a 'lesser' version of him should be in the door first! How on earth would we fare if we just went around hiring the guy we really need straight off the bat?

Jordan White is the level of our targets, like Foley released down south. Fwiw i cant see Goody sticking around for long once the beatings start. If JW is our main threat it will be torture for JG.

Aye and Cody our main striker ffs.

How times have changed Mc Dougall and Somner with Peter weir on the wing.

6 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

Aye and Cody our main striker ffs.

How times have changed Mc Dougall and Somner with Peter weir on the wing.

4 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Jimmy Bone playing just behind . 

You dont have to go that far back to realise how poor we've become with this board. Remember the league cup final team?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You dont have to go that far back to realise how poor we've become with this board. Remember the league cup final team?

Put together by Danny Lennon, who was then not offered a new contract the following year after two 8th placed finishes in 4 years.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

And he was passed it when he came to us back then and still did a turn, would probably still get a game now we're that poor.

Still only 29 when he signed for us , was nominated for the Scottish player of the year award in 1980 , and played 130 odd games for us , another 50 for Toronto Blizzards , 50 odd for Hearts , before ending up at Arbroath and playing a further 30 games for them . ( Probably finished then) But far from finished when we signed him .

What a humping we’re going to get in the opening 4 games. I can see is being -12 by end of August in goals with zero points. What a shambles and the board must be held accountable for this. Another total and utter mess. We can’t get players to sign for us early to enable them to bed in and form a shape we instead have 12 players at present for Saturday. Well unless these supposed new players are top drawer then I suspect we’re in trouble already. 

Edited by norrie82

I just can't understand why St Mirren has been so stupid, this season!

I knew that when those new strips were announced (early and not unattractive, apparently) that there were no longer any bright sparkly things to distract the support from the possibility that the club's financial frugality would grind down to the traditional nippy-bum time before getting in signings.

What, me worry?

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye its so important these days not to target the player you actually need, but indeed a 'lesser' version of him should be in the door first! How on earth would we fare if we just went around hiring the guy we really need straight off the bat?

Jordan White is the level of our targets, like Foley released down south. Fwiw i cant see Goody sticking around for long once the beatings start. If JW is our main threat it will be torture for JG.

You think if we signed White it would be as first choice number 1 striker ???

If that is the level our our ambition for whatever reason then we really are in trouble but I fully expect it not to be.

22 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

What a humping we’re going to get in the opening 4 games. I can see is being -12 by end of August in goals with zero points. What a shambles and the board must be held accountable for this. Another total and utter mess. We can’t get players to sign for us early to enable them to bed in and form a shape we instead have 12 players at present for Saturday. Well unless these supposed new players are top drawer then I suspect we’re in trouble already. 

No worries most of the team have been practicing their "Game" face for Saturday.

IMG_1841.JPG

You think if we signed White it would be as first choice number 1 striker ???
If that is the level our our ambition for whatever reason then we really are in trouble but I fully expect it not to be.

We play with one out and out striker and already have Mullen & Cooke.

Why sign White if he’s only going to be another back up striker?

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye... remember those long hot summers, cold beer and signing players BEFORE the season started. Ah bally bygone days...

Maybe some of them were not the best quality signings , but a good pre season had them well prepared for the tough season ahead and allowed them to pick up a few points early doors .