Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 minutes ago, GeordieBuddie said:

While I agree with the logic of the opening fixtures, as a team if we were full strength we should still be aiming to take points from all our games.  Otherwise what's the point of playing football at all.

Fort William players are best qualified to tell you that. :D

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

What if we missed out on the lad Durmus (who has played quite regularly at a good level) because we'd already signed Longridge for that position 3 weeks ago just so we were prepared? 

Absolutely spot on. Seems to have been a bit of research went into this player and he has played at a decent level. A more inspiring signing than Longridge with all due respect.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think you'll find that if God does exist, she is a pacifist. 

Sorry mate but I have met HIM and HE is real - I don't suffer and have never suffered from any mental health issues, and am not delusional in any way...

God is definitely real - no maybes ! But folks with no proof and who don't do any balanced investigations can believe what they like!  

We only have so many days of life on earth - that is the time for us to know for sure if we want God in our life for eternity or not - no one is forced either way !

PS. My only experience of drugs was those provided for an operation and some antihistamines

Edited by Sweeper07

6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sorry mate but I have met him and HE is real - I don't suffer and have never suffered from any mental health issues, and am not delusional in any way...

God is definitely real - no maybes ! But folks with no proof and who don't do any balanced investigations can believe what they like!  

We only have so many days of life on earth - that is the time for us to know for sure if we want God in our life for eternity or not - no one is forced either way !

What has this got to do with the St Mirren Speculation Thread.

Oh of course, you are speculating that there is a God!!!!! :o

4 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

What has this got to do with the St Mirren Speculation Thread.

Oh of course, you are speculating that there is a God!!!!! :o

No my friend, I replied to someone who was speculating that there was no God to help him consider his future...  :magic

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hmmm that sounds a bit like "PANIC!!!' Signings.. lol

Not at our end. We will have guys targeted who may well be mulling options over but those options reduce dramatically once the English window closes. The players on our (mythical) list will have our offer this just forces their hand earlier. it might weill install panic for the players targeted but there is no sense of panic on our part in fact they might "panic" into accepting our offer which surely benefits us ?

8 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:
No my friend, I replied to someone who was speculating that there was no God to help him consider his future...  :magic

Of course there's a god, in fact several. One of mine has the head of an elephant and another has six arms!!!

Have you tried specsavers? 🕶

Just now, NB18 said:

Highly rated young CB from Ireland.

Hull and Preston were both in for him this summer.

Most likely means Mihai will not be returning this season if we now have 3 CBs

Tbf one is Gary Mac, love the big man but very injury prone. Can still see us looking for another 

I think we will bring one more in, maybe a utility type that can play a few defensive positions as we can’t rely on Gary Mac unfortunately

1 minute ago, NB18 said:

Whether Mihai or not, we'll almost certainly be going for another CB before close of the window. 

We won't rely on Gary Mac to always be available.

39 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Not at our end. We will have guys targeted who may well be mulling options over but those options reduce dramatically once the English window closes. The players on our (mythical) list will have our offer this just forces their hand earlier. it might weill install panic for the players targeted but there is no sense of panic on our part in fact they might "panic" into accepting our offer which surely benefits us ?

Looks like Goody isn't waiting but hitting the short term loan market?

Sorry mate but I have met HIM and HE is real - I don't suffer and have never suffered from any mental health issues, and am not delusional in any way...

PS. My only experience of drugs was those provided for an operation and some antihistamines

:lol:

As long as they are good enough I dont think any of us will care....with this lad, hopefully a young hungry player hoping to make a point up here and looking to do well.

Loans can benefit us as last year proved, a mix of loans and permanent signings is what we will have when the action starts.

Still optimistic for the season as a whole.

There is no god.