Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Ethan said:

Are you saying we ARE? I was just putting it out there. 

HE is available and we are looking for players like him... why would we not consider whether it is a possibility? Especially if the Fakes are considering him in the same way we both were interested in May . . .  I will leave it at that . . .

18 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

DR also running with Goody desperate to get a LB in before Sunday.

Now dont be quoting JG's quotes about being 'desperate to sign'!

The thought police will accuse you of suggesting we are panic signing, instead of just kicking back with a packet of Hamlets and 'contemplating" our dearth of options.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The thought police will accuse you of suggesting we are panic signing, instead of just kicking back with a packet of Hamlets and 'contemplating" our dearth of options.

It doesn't actually say "desperate", in the print version or the online version.

It says, "Goodwin is still in the market for a left-back" in the print version. Doesn't even reference that we're after a left back in the online version.

Someone has made an arse of themselves, yet again.😅

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/kyle-mcallister-talks-st-mirren-18837308

Edited by FTOF

Just now, FTOF said:

It doesn't actually say "desperate", but you just can't help making an arse of yourself.

It says, "Goodwin is still in the market for a left-back".

What a clown.

You mean this quote where Goody admits to being "desperate to sign"... look down at your feet, you should be seeing two very big colorful oversized shoes at the moment lol

St Mirren boss Jim Goodwin admits he is desperate to sign a left-back before Sunday's clash with Aberdeen. (Sun - print edition)

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

You mean this quote where Goody admits to being "desperate to sign"... look down at your feet, you should be seeing two very big colorful oversized shoes at the moment lol

St Mirren boss Jim Goodwin admits he is desperate to sign a left-back before Sunday's clash with Aberdeen. (Sun - print edition)

So, who to believe. The Record or The Sun?

I'd imagine that neither of them have actually spoken directly to Goodwin, as there are no direct quotes, and have put in their own words.

Keep your large shoes., you'll be needing them again every week.

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

So, who to believe. The Record or The Sun?

I'd imagine that neither of them have actually spoken directly to Goodwin, as there are no direct quotes, and have put in their own words.

Keep your large shoes., you'll be needing them again every week.

Oh so now you don't believe the quote you referenced either...? Comedy feckin gold!

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh so now you don't believe the quote you referenced either...? Comedy feckin gold!

It's not a quote. It's a statement in a paper that doesn't mention the word "desperate".

I could just blame it on The Record for not mentioning the word desperate, because , "it's their statement and not mine!"

But I won't, only a complete tit would do that.😅

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It's not a quote. It's a statement in a paper that doesn't mention the word "desperate".

I could just blame it on The Record for not mentioning the word desperate, because , "it's their statement and not mine!"

But I won't, only a complete tit would do that.😅

If the CUP fits bud.. ha, ha...

34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

FFS. We've been over this several times before. 

That's not a quote, that's the newspaper putting words in his mouth. A quote, in this context, is something that Goodwin has actually said.

Not a quote:

image.thumb.png.a949679035a9ce4a2f1396e4a4835e92.png

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I was paraphrasing rather than quoting or rather the DR was.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints