Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

8 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Is it just me who thinks Muzek was hopeless? Thought Erhahon outperformed him at LB last season.

He was pretty solid, but he did have a couple of games where he cost us goals, due to being caught out of position.

I'd still have taken him back, but we could get better.

37 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

It's just you emoji6.png

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:
45 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:
Is it just me who thinks Muzek was hopeless? Thought Erhahon outperformed him at LB last season.
eta: young Ethan struggled but still was better than an “experienced” Muzek.

Just you.

No just you that says that. :lol:

I was hoping for the Juventus guy who has a great pedigree. Not sure about the French player , when you consider some of the dumplings that got contracts at Dundee a year ago , yet he failed to get a deal. Then only made 7 appearances for Levski . 

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

I was hoping for the Juventus guy who has a great pedigree. Not sure about the French player , when you consider some of the dumplings that got contracts at Dundee a year ago , yet he failed to get a deal. Then only made 7 appearances for Levski . 

Looking at it from another perspective, maybe McCann couldn't spot a decent player even if he booted him in the nuts.

Anyway, both players were rumours and we might not be or have been in for them anyway.

Edited by FTOF

13 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Looking at it from another perspective, maybe McCann couldn't spot a decent player even if he booted him in the nuts.

Anyway, both players were rumours and we might not be or have been in for them anyway.

Theres one of the players that played for us vs Stenny as a trials been snapped up by Newcastle. Think he was the big lanky French centre half.

Edited by kevo_smfc

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

That's my boy, I like your style. :thumbs2

Damn right! Some right silly prices to get in some of the Scottish grounds🙈

on that point we should be charging teams exactly what we get charged when we visit their grounds. Outrageous prices at times, I’m glad I’ve still got a babyface and can pass for an under 12 👀😂😂

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
4 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

It's just you emoji6.png

Sorry not just one; I imagine there area couple more who though Muzek Ok, but not exceptional, Popescu was excellent Muzek merely OK

5 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Sorry not just one; I imagine there area couple more who though Muzek Ok, but not exceptional, Popescu was excellent Muzek merely OK

Aye, But the point being made was Muzek was not OK but that he was hopeless. Big difference.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:
14 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Aye, But the point being made was Muzek was not OK but that he was hopeless. Big difference.

Fair play, my point was it was worth pursuing Popescu but NOT Muzek. 

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I respect your opinion but totally disagree. Muzek has played in the Champions League and Europa league the last few weeks but is not good enough St Mirren? He is far from hopeless and made a significant difference to our defence when he replaced Ethan who had become a liability.

17 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I respect your opinion but totally disagree. Muzek has played in the Champions League and Europa league the last few weeks but is not good enough St Mirren? He is far from hopeless and made a significant difference to our defence when he replaced Ethan who had become a liability.

Agree with this. Apart from the mistake for the goal away in Perth, I thought he was solid and easily good enough to be a top player in the SPL. 

6 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Agree with this. Apart from the mistake for the goal away in Perth, I thought he was solid and easily good enough to be a top player in the SPL. 

....... and missing his penalty vs Dundee Utd in the play off match.

😎

1 hour ago, Sonny said:
1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Well I shan't get into fisticuffs over it, it is all about opinions. let me just say If one could come back and only one, well it wouldn't be Muzek. But your view is just as valid as that of anyone else.  

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Muzek was nothing special.Average to ok at best. We can definitely do better. Hodson was better than him when he played at left back. He was on a par with Erhahon, who is at least young and will improve. 

As for the playing in the Champions league and Europa league QUALIFIERS ,  so have players from The New Saints, Lingfield and Dundalk. 

Edited by Prague Buddie