Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Heard from a friend that a certain LB is joining on loan today for a year.

im not ITK or any of that bs but might as well post it here [emoji4]

Going on pieandbovril and Twitter, Div seems quite confident you know Wat you're on about.

Expect 2 players in before Sunday. That will take us to a squad of 21.

I don't see there being much room for anyone else unless we're very creative with a loan or we can move someone else out the way.

We definitely won't have the funds for a Stevie May or a Kyle Lafferty type signing, no chance at all.

Will have to rely on some of the kids at times this season but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The squad will be looking pretty good once these two are in IMO.

5 minutes ago, div said:

I don't see there being much room for anyone else unless we're very creative with a loan or we can move someone else out the way.

We definitely won't have the funds for a Stevie May or a Kyle Lafferty type signing, no chance at all.

Will have to rely on some of the kids at times this season but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The squad will be looking pretty good once these two are in IMO.

Calum Waters left back Kilmarnock/ McAllister Derby winger

Dont know much of Calum Waters but in Jim we trust. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

33 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Loan players from clubs in our league aren't always the best solution, means we can't play them 3 or 4 times due to playing their parent club.

If they are a good player it's worth it for the 34 or 35 games they can play IMO.

Besides, Killie are shite, we could beat them with me playing left back.

14 minutes ago, div said:

If they are a good player it's worth it for the 34 or 35 games they can play IMO.

Besides, Killie are shite, we could beat them with me playing left back.

Too far. Maybe with you in goals.

So is McAllister a done deal? So that would be the right wing sorted. Are any of these a left back or a forward as would say they are the biggest needs.

3 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
1 hour ago, div said:

So is McAllister a done deal? So that would be the right wing sorted. Are any of these a left back or a forward as would say they are the biggest needs.

Left back signing today.

1 hour ago, div said:

Given the injury histories of some of our players, I think another centre half and forward would be needed. We might have a squad of 21, but about 11 of them are midfielders! Could see Kellerman leaving, Erhahon and McPherson may stay as they can cover the full back areas.

28 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Given the injury histories of some of our players, I think another centre half and forward would be needed. We might have a squad of 21, but about 11 of them are midfielders! Could see Kellerman leaving, Erhahon and McPherson may stay as they can cover the full back areas.

We can bring in youngsters to prop things up which is no bad thing. 

1 hour ago, div said:

I would feel a lot more confident if we could a big striker with a proven track record at this level in. It still looks like we will struggle for goals.

What happened to good old days of local businessmen funding a star signing?

Maybe some of the local IT & web design tycoons could club together for example....

I also agree with the above regarding a centre half. There seems to be a lot of confidence that our squad is "sorted" after that Hibs game. On paper we look very weak at the back. I was holding out hope that Popescu would return but that is dead in the water now.