Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

An interesting call melmac. 

Stranger things have happened; don't ask, don't get; nothing ventured, nothing gained etc etc.

One presumes the transfer window, in engerlund, is still open if you're signing an unattached player.

56 minutes ago, melmac said:

Stranger things have happened; don't ask, don't get; nothing ventured, nothing gained etc etc.

One presumes the transfer window, in engerlund, is still open if you're signing an unattached player.

League 1 and League 2 transfer window open until 2nd September. I think unattached players can sign anytime?

1 hour ago, truesaint said:

Aye they couldn't offer Sam Foley as much as us apparently so no harm in looking into.

To be fair, Bony is based in South Wales so is likely just using Newport's facilities. He's the sort of guy who could show up at a Rangers or Celtic as clearly will still believe his reputation and goalscoring record, coupled with the fact he's only 30 could still net him at least £20-25k a week comfortably.

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

If we were to be able to add a couple of players I would go for a striker and Popescu . Would set us up well for a top 6 challenge .

I have a feeling that funds originally intended for Popescu ended up being used in some form to bring back Kyle McAllister. I’m sure the Popescu thing is over, it was a long time ago, and will continue to be unless he becomes a free agent.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I have a feeling that funds originally intended for Popescu ended up being used in some form to bring back Kyle McAllister. I’m sure the Popescu thing is over, it was a long time ago, and will continue to be unless he becomes a free agent.

We still need a 4th CB  - even if we have to wait till January, and assuming we don't get one or more injured or suspended... unless McLoughlin signs an extension and all 3 stay fit . . .

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We still need a 4th CB  - even if we have to wait till January, and assuming we don't get one or more injured or suspended... unless McLoughlin signs an extension and all 3 stay fit . . .

We will also need a left back in January as Calum Waters will likely return to Killie - particularly as he looks very good. Not great having to rebuild the defence at a crucial point in the season.

7 hours ago, melmac said:
8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

An interesting call melmac. 

It is to take unattached players from, but goodness knows what his wages were/are/ will be?  have not got a clue of figures except to say WAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of our range.

5 hours ago, magnus said:

We will also need a left back in January as Calum Waters will likely return to Killie - particularly as he looks very good. Not great having to rebuild the defence at a crucial point in the season.

Can see Calum Waters signing a pca with us in January . He does look good though , reminds me of Ian Munro .

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:
9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:
Can see Calum Waters signing a pca with us in January . He does look good though , reminds me of Ian Munro .

That would be difficult as he is contracted to Killie until the end of season 20-21

Not difficult if not required.  

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

I get the feeling Waters is a short term fix for a long term problem. Celtic will no doubt take Taylor from Killie and Waters will be needed back there. Left back must be high on the shopping list for January 

I think you are right bud. Same with the centre half position. 

Edited by magnus

30 minutes ago, pod said:

Not difficult if not required.  

Big if there. Waters is under contract to Killie for the next 2 years so cannot sign for us in January unless he is released from that contract. The guy himself said he expects to return to Killie at the end of the season. That does make things difficult. The situation may change but at the moment it is a non starter.

And if we are playing about with ifs then if Killie sell Taylor then Waters may be recalled in January.

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Think his contract ends June 2020.  So its possible for pca in January IF not required after that. 

3 minutes ago, alansaint said:

Contract ends 30.6.2020. Therefore can sign PCA in January 2020.

Maybe one of you guys should tell Waters that as he has stated in a recorded interview on Buddievision that his contract with Killie ends in 2021 and he expects to return there when he is finished with Saints.