Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

19 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Maybe one of you guys should tell Waters that as he has stated in a recorded interview on Buddievision that his contract with Killie ends in 2021 and he expects to return there when he is finished with Saints.

I regularly also make errors. :wink:   

16 hours ago, magnus said:

We will also need a left back in January as Calum Waters will likely return to Killie - particularly as he looks very good. Not great having to rebuild the defence at a crucial point in the season.

JG has proclaimed to us all that the minute this window closes he will prepare for January and "be ready" - it's a bold statement, but one which good management should have in place.

So He should have a list of not only people he wants, but some on agreed pre-contract terms - he should also have tied down Hladky by then or we will lose him. (Noted Quarabag went out in Europe)

Whether Waters and McLoughlin go back or not - replacements must be lined up just in case. (Either in January or for next summer)

It would be interesting to see whose contracts are up next summer... (Other than McLoughlin, I don't know of any in January)

11 minutes ago, pod said:

I regularly also make errors. :wink:   

I am only going on what the man himself said as I am not privy to his contract details. For what it is worth he looks decent and Goody has faith in him and I hope he stays.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I am only going on what the man himself said as I am not privy to his contract details. For what it is worth he looks decent and Goody has faith in him and I hope he stays.

I'm only reliant on hear say and speculation. :wink:

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

I get the feeling Waters is a short term fix for a long term problem. Celtic will no doubt take Taylor from Killie and Waters will be needed back there. Left back must be high on the shopping list for January 

That's not Killie's decision to make though beyond this season - albeit we could still end up without a LB from Jan-May as you say. 

He's went to Killie and had to play second fiddle to Taylor. Now he's back playing under a manager that he knows believes in him and wants him to play - similar to Kyle McAllister in a way. Whether they want to (or are able to) re-call him and/or refuse to extend his loan for the 2nd half of the season is up to them - but we should be planting the seed with the player and his agent about competing to sign him in the January window whether that's on a fee or a PCA.  

Incidentally, I'd be very surprised to see Celtic sign Taylor but who knows. The papers are certainly running with it for now.

Edited by Maboza

54 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Incidentally, I'd be very surprised to see Celtic sign Taylor but who knows. The papers are certainly running with it for now.

I hope Killie play hard ball in regards to fee from the tight fisted b**tards, if the do go after him.  

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

JG has proclaimed to us all that the minute this window closes he will prepare for January and "be ready" - it's a bold statement, but one which good management should have in place.

So He should have a list of not only people he wants, but some on agreed pre-contract terms - he should also have tied down Hladky by then or we will lose him. (Noted Quarabag went out in Europe)

Whether Waters and McLoughlin go back or not - replacements must be lined up just in case. (Either in January or for next summer)

It would be interesting to see whose contracts are up next summer... (Other than McLoughlin, I don't know of any in January)

Hope we extend Ryan Flynn's contract. Outstanding player for us.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

In Calum's interview on Buddievision, he states that he has a "couple of years" left at Kilmarnock and that he will be going back there.

That would indicate that his contract is up in 2021.

I don't know when his contract ends . But know Jack Ross tried to sign him two years ago and he chose Killie . If Killie offered him a three year contract , that would run out in June 2020.

This article suggests Dario Zanatta is basically surplus to requirements at the Jambos. He has a year to run on his deal.

He might be reasonable as another option across any of the forward positions. Obviously played for Goodwin last season. I wonder if they'd cut and run to get him off the wage bill.

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/08/14/hearts-players-who-could-benefit-from-gary-naysmiths-appointment-as-loans-manager/

image.png.8a8c889bdb3f278082e7795e4a0b9198.png

49 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I don't know when his contract ends . But know Jack Ross tried to sign him two years ago and he chose Killie . If Killie offered him a three year contract , that would run out in June 2020.

He signed a contract extension early 2019, which, by the twitter feed posted earlier was until 2020.

Obviously Calum used the term "a couple of years" very loosely.🙄

3 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

This article suggests Dario Zanatta is basically surplus to requirements at the Jambos. He has a year to run on his deal.

He might be reasonable as another option across any of the forward positions. Obviously played for Goodwin last season. I wonder if they'd cut and run to get him off the wage bill.

https://purefitbaw.com/2019/08/14/hearts-players-who-could-benefit-from-gary-naysmiths-appointment-as-loans-manager/

I think that it would depend on whether JG considers Obika as a target man or not. If not then he might want a target man to augment what we already have up front.

That would rule out Zanatta.

However, as you mention, Zanatta's previous relationship with JG could put us at the front of the queue if he does become available and he is what we require.

FWIW I think that Durmus has similar qualities to Zanatta. Also, Zanatta hasn't exactly been a prolific goal scorer in the lower leagues.

34 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I mentioned him on the forum before. I watched him play for Alloa. Thought he did well. JG will know him well. 

I think that it would depend on whether JG considers Obika as a target man or not. If not then he might want a target man to augment what we already have up front.
That would rule out Zanatta.
However, as you mention, Zanatta's previous relationship with JG could put us at the front of the queue if he does become available and he is what we require.
FWIW I think that Durmus has similar qualities to Zanatta. Also, Zanatta hasn't exactly been a prolific goal scorer in the lower leagues.

He played for Gus at Queens Park as well

I would be happy with him , think he was a better player for Alloa than Jake Hastie .  Very skillful , who would be a great addition to the squad.
I am very happy with Obika and I'd trust JG on this. He knows him from Alloa and if he thinks he can do a job for us, then he'll tell Gus and Tony to go get him.

I'm strangely content with the squad at the moment. Even going cold on the possibility of signing May.
I'm pinning all my hopes on Popescu arriving late on deadline day.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:05 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

Last time i looked at league table he has a choice of a top 6 club or bottom of league fodder😁

On 8/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, Sweeper07 said:
On 8/14/2019 at 4:35 PM, St.Ricky said:

I mentioned him on the forum before. I watched him play for Alloa. Thought he did well. JG will know him well. 

Not good enough for us at this point . . .

We need a 10 goal plus front man who can stand up to big CB's

Tend to agree, I haven't a clue exactly what JG is looking for but judging by the quality he seems to have brought in so far, I rather think it won't be anything like the usual suspects and I for one am more than happy just to wait and see what transpires.      COYS  😎