Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

Disagree with that. Solid enough defender at our level who always gave 100%.

HE was a reasonable defender in a not very great team - a stalwart as we got relegated. We conceded 59 goals in 33 games and had defenders, McAusland, Kelly, Tesselar and not to mention the defensive midfielder Jim Goodwin...

He is not that great going forward and not the best defensively too... hence the reason he is being let go from a 3 yr deal at PETERBOUROUGH

I respect your opinion though - let's see - Goodwin knows him, so who knows if he rates him highly enough...

Personally cannot see him being in our team ahead of P. McGinn nor Waters - so he would be an expensive reserve...

We need guys who are even better than what we currently have - and if it is cover Striker, LB and CB are a bigger priority..

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Hibs have said they'll only let Shaw out on loan if they sign another forward.

I think it's likley to be paper talk anyway. Can't really see why we'd aid the development of one of Hibs' youngsters when we could have one of our own Academy boys on the bench.

I agree.

Last weekend, JG said that we were quite a bit down the line with our next signing.

Shaw's availability seems to only have arisen in the past couple of days.

I also think that our next signing will be permanent, as we've already got a couple of loan players in.

Just a hunch.

Also, it could be my addled mind playing tricks, but I seem to remember reading a twitter comment by Naismith a couple of months ago, which was less than complimentary towards JG. It was in response to someone describing JG as a legend, during the protracted process of getting rid of the previous manager.

Edited by FTOF

23 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I think Naismith would be a great centre half. As he can also play right back and McGinn can play left back, this would give us cover and competition right across the defence.

Your opinion and like many others I suspect, I don't value your opinion cause you are a forum twat . . .  :bounce2

Edited by Sweeper07

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:
3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:
Your opinion and like many others I suspect, I don't value your opinion cause you are a forum twat . . .  default_boldred.gif

Says the guy who reckons McGinn, McLean and Mallan aren’t very good! emoji1.png

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmm did you forget?  It was you that suggested that, not Sweeper

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Posted 3 hours ago

HE was a reasonable defender in a not very great team - a stalwart as we got relegated.

YOUR reply

John McGinn, Kenny McLean and Stevie Malian were in that side as well.

Presumably they’re not very good either? 

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmm did you forget?  It was you that suggested that, not Sweeper
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Posted 3 hours ago
HE was a reasonable defender in a not very great team - a stalwart as we got relegated.
YOUR reply
John McGinn, Kenny McLean and Stevie Malian were in that side as well.

Presumably they’re not very good either? 

Sweeper stated that someone who played for a relegated side isn’t very good.

Thanks for providing the evidence! [emoji1]

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

HE was a reasonable defender in a not very great team - a stalwart as we got relegated. We conceded 59 goals in 33 games and had defenders, McAusland, Kelly, Tesselar and not to mention the defensive midfielder Jim Goodwin...

He is not that great going forward and not the best defensively too... hence the reason he is being let go from a 3 yr deal at PETERBOUROUGH

I respect your opinion though - let's see - Goodwin knows him, so who knows if he rates him highly enough...

Personally cannot see him being in our team ahead of P. McGinn nor Waters - so he would be an expensive reserve...

We need guys who are even better than what we currently have - and if it is cover Striker, LB and CB are a bigger priority..

Reading between the lines of what Jim is saying , l think we are more likely to see a forward coming in than another defender, especially with Cooke still out . .

Reading between the lines of what Jim is saying , l think we are more likely to see a forward coming in than another defender, especially with Cooke still out . .
And remember, Popescu will be rejoining us on deadline day.

I fully acknowledge I am in complete denial of all the evidence that confirm this deal is dead.
But I reserve my right to dream.