Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 hours ago, NB18 said:

What are the chances of us getting Lewis Morgan back on loan?

Heard he's been struggling so far this season for Celtic so they may opt to send him out on loan again.

Morgan has been out and in the team. From what I have heard from season ticket holders he has played very well on most games he has played. Though they tell me they have too many players as a work in progress.  

8 hours ago, insaintee said:

What I hear is that things are stalled. working on two to come in. Centrehalf and winger. I know what your all going to say. We don't need another winger. But as Jim says, if there is someone who is going to improve us then he;s interested no matter where he plays.

I reckon I could make a case for another winger. We have Durmus and McAllister as actual natural wingers, and Magennis who is playing there at the minute. Djorkaeff can probably fill in there, but he's probably more a number 10 and is yet to impress.

So I reckon there's room for one more.

8 hours ago, Ethan said:

While Popescu was good he tailed off on form especially in the play offs. I actually think we already have better in McLoughlin. This lad is a real prospect and will go onto bigger and better things. What we need is another experienced CH in the same mould as McKenzie. 

Maybe a team in the English Championship. :whistle

11 hours ago, NB18 said:

Heard he's been struggling so far this season for Celtic so they may opt to send him out on loan again.

From our point of view, that would be good but don't know how Lewis or Celtic would view that. 

6 hours ago, Stu said:

If we're trying for a winger, it seems Adam Hammill may have played his last game for Scunthorpe...

Not sure he's got the legs to play Jim's game, but he definitely offers something different. I'd peg him as an alternative to Andreu rather than trying to play him out wide.

4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Not sure he's got the legs to play Jim's game, but he definitely offers something different. I'd peg him as an alternative to Andreu rather than trying to play him out wide.

Aye, he'd probably be more suited to a central role. Would be very surprised if he comes back but just a funny coincidence that they mentioned the Totally Football League Show podcast yesterday that he'd had  a fall out with his manager and then today someone on here suggests we might be looking for a winger.

Would love to have him back, we would have been bottom without him last season.

19 hours ago, NB18 said:

Scored his first green bigot goal against AIK this evening.