Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On 8/29/2019 at 12:02 AM, insaintee said:

What I hear is that things are stalled. working on two to come in. Centrehalf and winger. I know what your all going to say. We don't need another winger. But as Jim says, if there is someone who is going to improve us then he;s interested no matter where he plays.

Could the winger be Jake Hastie on loan from Rangers, worked under Goody last season at Alloa. Would be a great signing but it looks more likely he'll go to England on loan. We are fairly well covered in wide areas now so not too disappointed if we miss out.

2 hours ago, pod said:

Maybe you should give the SFA a call and remind them, as the keep listing them as that on the fixture list.

A waste of my time, calling.  They'll get there, in the log run.

Although UEFA have swiftly noticed that Sevco is a racist and sectarian/bigoted club, the SFA have never been able to hear or see any such behaviour in all of its single-digit, short years of existence.

They might get round to that, also.  In due course.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Depends how the contract was worded. Was it 33% of all profit they make or just 33% of the profit they make from the initial sale? Would we not also be due a %age for development?

We are due 3.5% of any future transfer fee involving John Mcginn. That is a fact. 

Regarding the 33% sell on..... I have absolutely no idea if we are due any more. However Jim Goodwin is quoted at the Q&A as saying that he wouldn't believe that to be the case. 

So, if he went for the reported  50m, then we would be due a fee of 1.75m.

Quite a tasty sum indeed. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

20 minutes ago, Big_Mougie said:

Led to believe mcginn is 33% of any profit do if he goes again we get 33% of any clause hibs have (believe there is clauses)

I like this interpretation too, but if you heard JG at the Q&A then he ISN'T led to believe that. He believes quite the opposite in fact.