Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, NB18 said:

Thomas O'Ware supposedly told he can leave Thistle.

Their fans are raging as he's one of their best players.

Was always very impressed with him whenever we came up against M**ton

Does a good Undertaker impression emoji23.png

Is that a financial decision, then? They must be f**ked.

I'd probably take him as back up to what we have, tbh.

On 8/31/2019 at 9:58 AM, Big Yards said:

We've had our 33% of the hibs sale. That's it over

Not according to Tony Fitz and Stewart Gilmour.

Both have said we still profit from any Hibs profit, so it's most likely one more move will be out lot and probably our biggest income in our history for a player.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:50 PM, Prague Buddie said:

I like this interpretation too, but if you heard JG at the Q&A then he ISN'T led to believe that. He believes quite the opposite in fact. 

But on the same night, Tony Fitz nodded at the back of the room when Jim said "you would need to ask Tony". Stewart Gilmour also confirmed this a couple of weeks ago to someone I know whi was talking pre match to him in the supporters bar.

Edited by kevo_smfc

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

More than we got for Ian Ferguson? 

I believe so. Today's market value for a player, if McGinn goes on to have a magnificent first season in the EPL, I wouldn't imagine his value would be any less than £30m and that's if Villa would be prepared to sell at that price considering they just signed him on a new 5 year deal.

I think we have already surpassed the Ferguson fee with the sell-on and add-ons from Hibs' deal with Villa.

On 8/31/2019 at 12:44 PM, Prague Buddie said:

We are due 3.5% of any future transfer fee involving John Mcginn. That is a fact. 

Regarding the 33% sell on..... I have absolutely no idea if we are due any more. However Jim Goodwin is quoted at the Q&A as saying that he wouldn't believe that to be the case. 

So, if he went for the reported  50m, then we would be due a fee of 1.75m.

Quite a tasty sum indeed. 

£1,75 million would be by far the biggest amount we have received in player transfer activity. All the best John McGinn

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

More than we got for Ian Ferguson? 

If it's true that we got 30% of the £3m transfer fee from Hibs to Villa and also our cut of the promotion bonus from the same deal we'd have already got more from this deal I'd think but purely speculation!!