Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

48 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Don’t think you can recall out of the window periods. Hence, our only options are McGinn, a youth team player or finding someone who’s out of contract.

Fair dos, cheers for clarifying. I'd read elsewhere we could but it makes much more sense that we can't.

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

With all that in mind, all roads surely lead to recalling Bairdy, with the benefit he's been playing competitive football (in a relegation battle, no less) instead of kicking his heels on our bench.

Given Morton are able to get emergency loans, and we can't, let them worry about replacing him. f**k it, we could send them one of our younger CHs if they really need it.

If we could we surely would - don't even think Morton can end the deal and send him back early - and  why would they anyway?

8 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Don’t think you can recall out of the window periods. Hence, our only options are McGinn, a youth team player or finding someone who’s out of contract.

We can recall him at any point. 

We can't register him though until the window reopens (as he's already played for another club in this window) so there's absolutely no point in doing so. 

Also, any player we would bring in on a short term deal will have been out of football since late August at best, so again you're talking a guy who hasn't kicked a ball in nearly 4 months getting up to speed very quickly indeed. 

It's time to throw Nick McAllister or Conor McBrearty in. That's our only realistic option. 

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Apparently an overseas club wants to buy Vaclav in Jan. Can now see this happening unfortunately in order to strengthen the squad.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/vaclav-hladky-attracts-overseas-interest-21041890

Take the money before he goes for nothing. We can always pick up a keeper. The cash can help bring in better players to get us up the table. 

38 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Apparently an overseas club wants to buy Vaclav in Jan. Can now see this happening unfortunately in order to strengthen the squad.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/vaclav-hladky-attracts-overseas-interest-21041890

'Rooted to the bottom' aye f**k off we've been there three days pal.

From what I believe we have already been looking at 3 positions to bring in, goalie included. Whether we have someone lined up to come in next month or not I have no idea, though if we do, then they may just take the cash for Hladky if the price is right. If we could squeeze a further 100-150k out of potential suiters I think we should take it.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I did say JG had lined up a Goalie . . .

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yip we all laughed at YOU for telling us (a number of times) that Kirky would be back in the team a few weeks ago too...:lol:

Think you are getting me mixed up with someone else. I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't even recall mentioning Broadfoot since he was injured. 

Please find where I said this even once, much less 'a number of times'......I'll wait.

So are we looking at an emergency loan from the English Premier League or not? :lol: 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yip we all laughed at YOU for telling us (a number of times) that Kirky would be back in the team a few weeks ago too...:lol:

5 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

He's mixed up, it was FTOF assuring us Broadfoot would be back.

It was amusing right enough. 

Sweeps not on top of things, you shouldn't laugh. :lol:

I accept his apology in absentia. 

He's not doing much to counter my 'you're full of shite' assertions here.

40 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I accept his apology in absentia. 

He's not doing much to counter my 'you're full of shite' assertions here.

It was me who commented that his foot injury wasn't as bad as first thought based on a report from the PDE.

It was only once though.

The thick cunts can't even count.

Edited by FTOF

4 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

A see a derby county fan is raging on Twitter about his clubs signing targets,he says "forest linked to lyleTaylor and we linked to a st.mirren player that has scored 5 goals in 900 games" obviously 900 games tongue in cheek but who is the buds player he talking about?

Can't be Obika, he's not as good as that. :wink:

23 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

A see a derby county fan is raging on Twitter about his clubs signing targets,he says "forest linked to lyleTaylor and we linked to a st.mirren player that has scored 5 goals in 900 games" obviously 900 games tongue in cheek but who is the buds player he talking about?

I thought the 5 goals was tongue in cheek.

6 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Is he not possibly talking about an ex-St.Mirren player.    R S