Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, Stockholmbud said:

Linked with striker Blair Lyons from Montrose 

I'm confused. We're linked with a striker from Montrose, who plays for Stirling Uni, and who has just signed a pre-contract with Montrose for next season.  I didn't have that much to drink last night!

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I doubt St Johnstone will be in the championship and many players will chose a club for all sorts of reasons, could be sure of more game time, financially and winning games :rolleyes:could all be factors in choosing a club.

Yes, that's all fine, but I was joking. 😊

9 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I'm confused. We're linked with a striker from Montrose, who plays for Stirling Uni, and who has just signed a pre-contract with Montrose for next season.  I didn't have that much to drink last night!

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You've just posted what was going on inside my head. :lol:

That's an old article.

20 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Surely any decent player would prefer to come to us next season than spending a season in the Championship with those two. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yes, that's all fine, but I was joking. 😊

The use of a suitable emoji like above, would have made it clearer, although it did cross my mind.

I knew my "skill" is using emojis would come in handy one day. :wink:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I doubt St Johnstone will be in the championship and many players will chose a club for all sorts of reasons, could be sure of more game time, financially and winning games :rolleyes:could all be factors in choosing a club.

So could the fact that he's a product of Gleniffer Thistle and is a local !

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

The use of a suitable emoji like above, would have made it clearer, although it did cross my mind.

I knew my "skill" is using emojis would come in handy one day. :wink:

I prefer a dry posting style that doesn't always suit emojis, but thanks for the hint: I'll bear you in mind next time.

Not sure if it has altready been mentioned somewhere, but what about Nisbet at Dunfermline?

He has been banging in the goals for the past 2 or 3 seasons. I would imagine they would be after a decent fee for him though.

2018/19:          Raith Rovers    46 app   (34 Goals)

2019/20:         Dunfermline     23 app   (18 goals)

Edited by Prague Buddie

24 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Not sure if it has altready been mentioned somewhere, but what about Nisbet at Dunfermline?

He has been banging in the goals for the past 2 or 3 seasons. I would imagine they would be after a decent fee for him though.

Definitely worth a punt,the boy Lyons with 7 goals in 26 games isn't really that great,we need a proven striker

5 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Definitely worth a punt,the boy Lyons with 7 goals in 26 games isn't really that great,we need a proven striker

He's on a 2 year deal so unless we are up for paying a fee, It's less likely that we will go for him THIS January . . . His 18 goals is only 1 short of Shankland's current total and the later is at a more successful Championship team...

If however, he improves further, it will be more unlikely for us to land him, just like Shankland last time around . . .  🤩

11 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

I know you don't rate our strikers very well, but in reality 2 CB's inbound, 1 being Baird, is a much higher priority, even if either or both of our old guys looks like getting back to fitness - we cannot take that risk again surely - not at the sharp end of the season, and starting only 1 point about the play-off place...?

LB and LM also higher priority but a goal scoring player would be very well received . . . 😁

1 hour ago, Prague Buddie said:

He is definetly a player we should be looking at. Better option than Lyons imo