Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Quite a few clubs been linked with him, according to my Montrose mole.

Very good player, although he would say that. 

Quote...........He is more of a winger than a striker to be honest. Good old fashioned winger with skill who will run at folk all day. As far as I know Dundee, St Johnstone and Partick Thistle also linked

17 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

He is a forward: 2 league's below as the man correctly says:try keep up faraway 

The quote above is from a guy who goes to every Montrose game.......................do keep up. :P

PS I know what league Montrose are in. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

Not sure if it has altready been mentioned somewhere, but what about Nisbet at Dunfermline?

He has been banging in the goals for the past 2 or 3 seasons. I would imagine they would be after a decent fee for him though.

2018/19:          Raith Rovers    46 app   (34 Goals)

2019/20:         Dunfermline     23 app   (18 goals)

A decent shout. 

Apologies LPM, he get's played as a winger at Montrose so while he may be named as a striker he doesn't play in that role.
More like Forrest at Celtic,  a forward but a winger, I'm sure you know the difference. 
Wtf?
All I said was Obika has a better return in response to some posters suggesting the two leagues further down dude is a goal machine.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Wtf?
All I said was Obika has a better return in response to some posters suggesting the two leagues further down dude is a goal machine.

Calm down dear, all I was pointing out his role isn't to score goals unlike Obika. 

PS It's not a "like for like" comparison, jeezo. 

Edited by faraway saint

8 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know you don't rate our strikers very well, but in reality 2 CB's inbound, 1 being Baird, is a much higher priority, even if either or both of our old guys looks like getting back to fitness - we cannot take that risk again surely - not at the sharp end of the season, and starting only 1 point about the play-off place...?

LB and LM also higher priority but a goal scoring player would be very well received . . . 😁

So one inbound, then. Not two. 

Much like a Tory policy with new nurses, signing one new player and retaining another player - even one who has been out on loan - doesn't mean two incoming as the player is already ours. 

5 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Maybe none if Sam Foley moves to centre half . 

That would be a huge mistake  we have been very lucky picking up points with a makeshift defence. The opposition will quickly identify weaknesses and exploit them. We need two new centre backs, a full back and a goal scorer. We need our top players playing in position.

2 hours ago, magnus said:

That would be a huge mistake  we have been very lucky picking up points with a makeshift defence. The opposition will quickly identify weaknesses and exploit them. We need two new centre backs, a full back and a goal scorer. We need our top players playing in position.

Our main "Weakness" is losing McLoughlin. Playing Foley at CH certainly didn't turn out to be a weakness against Killie. Although, other , better, teams might well test his skill in that position to a greater extent.

A replacement for McLoughlin will be our priority. With Broadfoot likely to be fit after the break, and Baird recalled as back up, we should be fine. McGinn (P) is an option too. I'm writing off MacKenzie, as,sadly for us, he seems to get new injury every time the wind changes direction.

Like it or not, I reckon, we'll sign three or four players, although if we were to sign more than that, then I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

The likes of Flynn, McGinn (P), Foley and Morias certainly haven't disgraced themselves playing out of their preferred position and due the small size of squad, I'm sure between now and the end of the season, their adaptability will continue to be utilised when required.

I'm not convinced that Waters is the answer at LB, but JG seems to rate him. So unless, Dyer wants Waters back, then we have to trust JG's judgement.

Calm down dear, all I was pointing out his role isn't to score goals unlike Obika. 
PS It's not a "like for like" comparison, jeezo. 
I didn't make the comparison, others did. I merely pointed out the flaw in suggesting Montrose's finest was the answer to our low scoring, and is a ways down the scoring return table compared to what we have.
On another point, I know nothing of this player, but I do know Gus etc were creaming their thongs because they signed Djorkaeff..!
Another player of a similar age who has been passed around like an alter boy in Whitehall.

Imagine.

It’s 18th January, 3pm. Over 7,000 including 1,633 Broxburn Athletic fans cram into the Simple Digital Arena.

The saints line-up with Hladky in goal and a back four of McGinn, Popescu, Davis and Muzek. Gavin Reilly leads the line on his return to the club, he’s taking the kick-off back to Morgan.

Scenes!

42 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I didn't make the comparison, others did. I merely pointed out the flaw in suggesting Montrose's finest was the answer to our low scoring, and is a ways down the scoring return table compared to what we have.
On another point, I know nothing of this player, but I do know Gus etc were creaming their thongs because they signed Djorkaeff..!
Another player of a similar age who has been passed around like an alter boy in Whitehall.

Sex change? 😀

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Eeew Gus wears a thong

DujxcnAWkAU8IaO.jpg

Centre Backs are far more important, with 17 goals in 21 games we struggle when we lose 1 goal.  

In our 5 wins we have only lost 1 goal, against county, so we keep it clean we do well, includes 3 0-0s. So that's 4 wins and 3 draws with no goals against 15 out our 19 points.

Centre Backs please Jim

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Imagine.

It’s 18th January, 3pm. Over 7,000 including 1,633 Broxburn Athletic fans cram into the Simple Digital Arena.

The saints line-up with Hladky in goal and a back four of McGinn, Popescu, Davis and Muzek. Gavin Reilly leads the line on his return to the club, he’s taking the kick-off back to Morgan.

Scenes!

If only Bazil. 

Followed by Morgan crosses and Obika scores. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Imagine.

Scenes!

You were doing OK until that point.

21 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I know you don't rate our strikers very well, but in reality 2 CB's inbound, 1 being Baird, is a much higher priority, even if either or both of our old guys looks like getting back to fitness - we cannot take that risk again surely - not at the sharp end of the season, and starting only 1 point about the play-off place...?

LB and LM also higher priority but a goal scoring player would be very well received . . . 😁

Really ?