Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Hi Dip stick -

Plan was for Baird to come back - the fact he is not only suggests that either another is lined up or both the injured guys are going to be fit after the break . . . perhaps Ton upped their share of his wages???

No idea where you are getting that info but it is nonsense !

15 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Nice:  fellow fans who only offer abuse - :cheers

Baird is still on an 18 month deal with us - so he will be back at the end of the season - and who can categorically say what will happen after that ? ? ? ?  

Point is JG only had limited funds - that is a big factor is his decision making - Are Ton paying the same portion of his wages or more from now on ? Contacts down there saying he has been immense for them . . .

The real fact is Goodwin wants centre backs to be comfortable on the ball, after watching Jack in the league cup ties he decided he wasn’t his type of player.  

19 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

The real fact is Goodwin wants centre backs to be comfortable on the ball, after watching Jack in the league cup ties he decided he wasn’t his type of player.  

Taking the middle ground here. Jack is a great tackler. He likes doing that! Is he the best distributor of the ball? Perhaps not. Might he still be back? Yes. Is it likely that he will be back to stay? That's a different question. Time will tell. No need to abuse each other surely. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Taking the middle ground here. Jack is a great tackler. He likes doing that! Is he the best distributor of the ball? Perhaps not. Might he still be back? Yes. Is it likely that he will be back to stay? That's a different question. Time will tell. No need to abuse each other surely. 

Iamhammer didn’t abuse anyone

15 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I give the abusers a taste of their own cr*p (which they dish out to multiple people ALL THE TIME) - Oh and I was 1st to announce both of today's signings before it was official - Oh good try on the clown thing BUT that's obviously YOUR JOB!   

There is still 3 more days before the weekend . . .  who is next in or out !!!!  :magic

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

the word rattled springs to mind

Edited by mattman

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

No idea where you are getting that info but it is nonsense !

He was on a short term deal till January - so the plan was he would be back unless Ton and we agreed to extend the deal - we now know the deal has been extended.

So I don't get why you think that is nonsense.... :cheers

As we also know now a deal to bring in another CB on loan is done... Whether this young guy Famewo is good enough to play many games or not we will see - and it will depend on the fitness of the two old heids who were injured. I suspect JG wants this guy as 4th choice and does not expect him to play much unless he stands in at LB . . .

I hope he is great, but if the 2 new CB's play together without an old heid, I hope we are not naive at the heart of our defence...

So far we should be celebrating the signings and improved squad ! More competition and cover... hope the new guys hit the ground running and stay fit !  :bounce2

22 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He was on a short term deal till January - so the plan was he would be back unless Ton and we agreed to extend the deal - we now know the deal has been extended.

So I don't get why you think that is nonsense.... :cheers

As we also know now a deal to bring in another CB on loan is done... Whether this young guy Famewo is good enough to play many games or not we will see - and it will depend on the fitness of the two old heids who were injured. I suspect JG wants this guy as 4th choice and does not expect him to play much unless he stands in at LB . . .

I hope he is great, but if the 2 new CB's play together without an old heid, I hope we are not naive at the heart of our defence...

So far we should be celebrating the signings and improved squad ! More competition and cover... hope the new guys hit the ground running and stay fit !  :bounce2

:unsure:

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not speculation.. Waters staying. 

Yes JG rates him, but I don't think he offers much going forwards and is not great in defence - especially in the air at the back post.

He has had some decent performances but a number too that were not great.

For me he goes back the way far too much . . . 

1 hour ago, pod said:

:unsure:

Not sure why you may not think our squad is improved as we have extra cover both at CB/LB and midfield . . .

2 or the 3 players who have come in are likely to get a number of 1st team games . . . do you think the latest guy will play lots?

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure why you may not think our squad is improved as we have extra cover both at CB/LB and midfield . . .

2 or the 3 players who have come in are likely to get a number of 1st team games . . . do you think the latest guy will play lots?

Need another vital ingredient or two before I'm convinced.

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes JG rates him, but I don't think he offers much going forwards and is not great in defence - especially in the air at the back post.

He has had some decent performances but a number too that were not great.

For me he goes back the way far too much . . . 

Have some sympathy for your view but also think he is left exposed too often.