Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

58 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

why would your erroneous posts make me happy? 

Was it eroneus? 

Corrected later... Erroneous

You might think do. 

I'm happy for you to think so. 

I'm happy that you are happy thinkiing that. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Jack was never coming and will not be back while JG is managing. He will sign for another club in the summer.

He was on a short term deal till January - so the plan was he would be back unless Ton and we agreed to extend the deal - we now know the deal has been extended.
So I don't get why you think that is nonsense.... :cheers
As we also know now a deal to bring in another CB on loan is done... Whether this young guy Famewo is good enough to play many games or not we will see - and it will depend on the fitness of the two old heids who were injured. I suspect JG wants this guy as 4th choice and does not expect him to play much unless he stands in at LB . . .
I hope he is great, but if the 2 new CB's play together without an old heid, I hope we are not naive at the heart of our defence...
So far we should be celebrating the signings and improved squad ! More competition and cover... hope the new guys hit the ground running and stay fit !  :bounce2

2 hours ago, pod said:

Need another vital ingredient or two before I'm convinced.

Okay that is more than fair. I think given that we had about 5 significant injuries recently, we seem to have covered some of the weakness due to those with these 3 signings and presuming that all 5 or most of them will be back fit and fighting, then we should be better off from here on.

Given that JG came in late and got a team together at short notice, it was clear that much more work would need doing at the next window opportunities - although budget commitments and constraints make that more difficult too.

But like you I agree that more is needed. I guess some fans did not expect us to have much money to play with and of course JG has been playing things down by saying he was aiming for 1 or 2 to come in. So we have achieved at least that.

Only Kellerman away from the start of the season (and effectively Baird)

What else would you like to see happen - realistically !

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Would he not have to go forwards a lot to be able to go back?

Guess you are being facetious - but just in case - I mean when he has the ball - he passes it back the way far too often.

He retains possession but nothing more than that when starting or supporting attacks quickly would be more beneficial...

Even when he is far forward - he often does not get crosses into the box or even put in telling passes to the feet of our strikers...

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Jack was never coming and will not be back while JG is managing. He will sign for another club in the summer.

Who will he sign for then?  RC, Utd, Hibs (JR knows him well) ??? He will get offers . . .

Given Gary's contract will be up, and it is hard to see him getting a new contract with us,  and our latest loan player will be away, we will be looking for 2 CB's in the summer if Baird leaves us . . . :spud7

Personally I think Baird is a scape goat for how disorganised we were at the beginning of the season - especially as a certain other player who appears to have no future was way off form at the time and left the defence very exposed.

My educated guess is Falkirk.

Who will he sign for then?  RC, Utd, Hibs (JR knows him well) ??? He will get offers . . .
Given Gary's contract will be up, and it is hard to see him getting a new contract with us,  and our latest loan player will be away, we will be looking for 2 CB's in the summer if Baird leaves us . . . :spud7
Personally I think Baird is a scape goat for how disorganised we were at the beginning of the season - especially as a certain other player who appears to have no future was way off form at the time and left the defence very exposed.