Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He comes with top league experience which might be invaluable in the remainder of our league csmpaign. 

Has only played 21 games for Rangers and Hibs combined, but still experience. 

You have to wonder why his loan at Hibs was cut short, and he never played from October onwards.  

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

You have to wonder why his loan at Hibs was cut short, and he never played from October onwards.  

I take your point about the Hibs loan deal being cut short. We are not going to get a Matty Kennedy and we can't, it seems, rely upon having a fit McAllister so I'm prepared to hold back on judgement and trust the management team. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I take your point about the Hibs loan deal being cut short. We are not going to get a Matty Kennedy and we can't, it seems, rely upon having a fit McAllister so I'm prepared to hold back on judgement and trust the management team. 

We've just signed Jamie McGrath who can play that position and we have Durmas also. 

If can play a few different positions,  he might be a decent addition. 

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Strange one if true. We’re definitely ‘top heavy’ so wouldn’t be surprised to see one of Mullen or Cooke go, with Oan going out on loan too.

I think one extra body in that area could be necessary. The run to the cup final this year is going to place extra strain on the squad so we need that depth. :cheers

7 hours ago, munoz said:

I don't think he ever fitted Hibs' system and seemed to have players in front of him in the pecking. They seemed very overloaded in midfield. Much easier to cut a loan short than try and offload a contracted player. 

18 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I don't think he ever fitted Hibs' system and seemed to have players in front of him in the pecking. They seemed very overloaded in midfield. Much easier to cut a loan short than try and offload a contracted player. 

The **** in work seem to rate him. 

If he signs,  hopefully we're the right fit for him.

26 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Goody confirmed at yesterday's press conference that we weren't in for Middleton anyway. Last time we made any enquiries was in the summer and he picked Hibs. emoji2371.png

Seems like we have our eye on a couple of other players going by his interview. He said we are in no major panic to bring anyone else in though the one or two we are looking at would add quality to the squad and may be too good to pass up. Something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Seems like we have our eye on a couple of other players going by his interview. He said we are in no major panic to bring anyone else in though the one or two we are looking at would add quality to the squad and may be too good to pass up. Something along those lines.

He said they are " very good players ". Very intriguing. 

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

It's a nice position to be in and make a huge difference vs many previous windows (with the exception of the summer/2nd winter windows when Ross was in charge.)

If we can add further quality, then so be it, but it's not 100% essential and if we're better off saving the money to do PCAs/get even better players in the summer, then fine.