Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 minutes ago, Steg87 said:

Hi everyone, just posting for the first time, so go easy on me.

Talking about Strikers....would Goodwille not be a good shout? I know he has problems but seems to be banging them in for Clyde and I would imagine he would be cheapish to buy?

He just signed a 3 year extension recently with Clyde. Looks like he's happy to stay out of the limelight and play in the lower leagues. 

45 minutes ago, ScotstounSaint said:

Ah. In my opinion you can't interpret much from goals against Montrose, Forfar, QotS, etc. Obika could well score a barrel load against them on a nice Autumn evening.
Watt's league record for the Fakes was 22 starts, 7 subs, 3 goals. Pretty bad.

Well yes, that's exactly my point. Did you read the message this was in relation to? Cornwell was saying about Cooke's Dundee hat-trick, I was saying you can't look at that in isolation unless you want to look at things like the above in isolation. (Which I don't think we should)

43 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
Six goals in opening nine games sorry, not league only. 
1 - Montrose
1 - Forfar
1 - Hibs
2 - QOS
1 - Dundee
Still a better start than any St Mirren player of the last two seasons as far as I can see. 

So ONE league goal ffs... how can we resist such a marksman? Ffs

Two league goals, way to miss my points though. 

1. He isn't an out and out goalscorer, my view is still he'd add value. Us "needing" a goalscorer doesn't mean we ignore other players that can add to the squad. 

2. It was in response to a comment looking at Cooke's hat-trick in isolation

3. It's still better than any St Mirren striker has started the last two seasons, against arguably some poorer opponents. 

It's still just my opinion Watt will add value, I don't need people to agree with me on that. 

Edited by bazil85

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Would you be happy with a small fee for him or would you rather keep him? I’d have thought this was a no brainier giving how important a player he’s been 

Stop trying, as usual, to change the goalposts asking if people would be happy, people are laughing at your valuation.

We've more chance getting £200k for you. 🤣

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Stop trying, as usual, to change the goalposts asking if people would be happy, people are laughing at your valuation.

We've more chance getting £200k for you. 🤣

This thread just proves the mentality of some on here now, regardless of what I post people will jump on it. 

"Nothing short of £200k for P McGinn or I’d be disappointed"

However in posting that part of my original message regarding this, you'll see (yet again) I have not moved the goalposts. Anything less than that, I'd keep him, he is one of the most consistent and important team members at the club. My view is less than £200k," sorry Paul, away you pop in the summer not now."

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Even if he was a month into a 3 year contract, McGinn still wouldn't be worth 200k. Some people live in cloud cuckoo land. As for Watt it would smack of a lazy signing and fly in the face of the "systems" we claim to be using (oh and he is pretty meh !)

He absolutely would be worth well more if he had that length of contract ffs 🤣

Just now, bazil85 said:

This thread just proves the mentality of some on here now, regardless of what I post people will jump on it. 

However in posting that part of my original message regarding this, you'll see (yet again) I have not moved the goalposts. Anything less than that, I'd keep him, he is one of the most consistent and important team members at the club. My view is less than £200k," sorry Paul, away you pop in the summer not now."

Keep it up, people always like a good laugh. 🤡

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Any chance you could value my house , and I can retire early

57 minutes ago, Steg87 said:

Hi everyone, just posting for the first time, so go easy on me.

Talking about Strikers....would Goodwille not be a good shout? I know he has problems but seems to be banging them in for Clyde and I would imagine he would be cheapish to buy?

Oh dear. As first posts go, that's a humdinger.

To answer your question, no, we should not sign a rapist to play for us.

6 minutes ago, pod said:

If his house got repossessed, he would probably not be able to support the club. So its very important.   :rolleyes:

I think the club would survive such a loss in income in one additional fan not being able to make it...

seems to have done alright with the few non-attending preachers on this website 😂

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Really . Are we both talking about the same Paul McGinn ?

If you’re also talking about one of our most consistent performers, that’s also added a very decent attacking threat to his game, bosses that right wing, is versatile across the back line & very rarely let’s players by him, yes. 

9 hours ago, bazil85 said:

If it’s a nominal fee I would be saying no, this is my point. I’d rather keep him until the summer if we’re only getting a silly wee fee. 

To clarify, I’m not saying that will be the case, I’m saying I would be very disappointed if we let him go for less. 

The other issue is why help Hibs who are clearly looking for a RB and CB - Paul could play either one in games for them? Especially the day before we play them . . . Their defence is bereft at the moment - let them sort it out to our benefit...

Paul's best asset is his versatility - he is no superstar but has been serving us well this time around . . .

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

He absolutely would be worth well more if he had that length of contract ffs 🤣

Would he really? 

Who would pay a 200k fee for him? 

I think that any club willing and able to pay that sort of a fee for a RB would be able to attract a better player than Mcginn. 

For that money you could pick somebody up on a PCA and pay them 4 or 5k a week on a 3 or 4 year contract. 

Edited by Prague Buddie

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

If you’re also talking about one of our most consistent performers, that’s also added a very decent attacking threat to his game, bosses that right wing, is versatile across the back line & very rarely let’s players by him, yes. 

Never seen so much piss being poured on anyone since Sweeper appeared. :lol:

Well done. :thumbs2

St Moan loyal yet again. Imagine a st Mirren fan hammering this kind of opinion on a st Mirren player [emoji23]
Yet again, you use a derisory term usually only done so by opposition fans who hate St Mirren! Worse still, you use it to describe a fellow supporter who disagrees with you... you...the one who says he respects the rights of others to disagree.

Such hypocrisy.

Do me a favour... Whilst I'm on...

Can you count all those who agree with your valuation and all those against and give me a tally?

Oh... Probably easier to deflect and criticise me for posting! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]