Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yet again, you use a derisory term usually only done so by opposition fans who hate St Mirren! Worse still, you use it to describe a fellow supporter who disagrees with you... you...the one who says he respects the rights of others to disagree.

Such hypocrisy.

Do me a favour... Whilst I'm on...

Can you count all those who agree with your valuation and all those against and give me a tally?

Oh... Probably easier to deflect and criticise me for posting! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You could pick any subject Baz has ever posted on and get the same result.🤣🤣

You could never accuse Baz of doing a "Ricky" and playing to the gallery to try and gain "likes" for his posts.

Think Baz has been playing a bit too much Football Manager. 

I like Paul McGinn, he's a steady hand but that's all he is... as someone else alluded to, he's a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 every week. Perhaps in English football circles with him still under contract, you'd pull a six figure fee for a player like him. In Scottish football though, suggesting £200k is an absolutely wild appraisal when you consider Hearts brought in Liam Boyce (who was in the same situation) last week for only £150k. 

If we pull in 30-40k for McGinn and bring in a suitable replacement, it would be a decent return. 

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You could never accuse Baz of doing a "Ricky" and playing to the gallery to try and gain "likes" for his posts.

Are you feeling all right Oaky? 

Playing to the gallery indeed. 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

The other issue is why help Hibs who are clearly looking for a RB and CB - Paul could play either one in games for them? Especially the day before we play them . . . Their defence is bereft at the moment - let them sort it out to our benefit...

Paul's best asset is his versatility - he is no superstar but has been serving us well this time around . . .

I see the points you make Sweeper and find a lot to agree with in there but it's not you or me who are making the decisions and perhaps have other options they want to persue which they feel will be of greater benefit to the club. Only time will tell. 

On 1/27/2020 at 8:14 PM, Spam_Valley said:

200k for Paul McGinn 😂😂

Yeah tell them to add another 0 and we will think about it.

We are pretty shit at selling players though so it will be £50k. A third of what we paid for Heaton.

We definitely need a better strategy with regards to player management, retention and recruitment. I presume Flynn is out of contract at end of season based on a couple of comments. He is the type of player we should be looking to keep and extending his contract if we can due to performances and versatility. P McGinn, Flynn, Foley and possibly McGrath (if he continues the way he has started) should be core members of our squad and a team built around them.  They are the hardworking consistent performers who give their all. Magennis would be in that category also although form hasn't been as good this season and the injury is a nightmare. MacPherson also plays with his heart and has done well since coming back into the squad. 

I believe Jim will be more ruthless once he has got his core members of a squad as long as he isn't hampered by those either beside them or above him. 

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yet again, you use a derisory term usually only done so by opposition fans who hate St Mirren! Worse still, you use it to describe a fellow supporter who disagrees with you... you...the one who says he respects the rights of others to disagree.

Such hypocrisy.

Do me a favour... Whilst I'm on...

Can you count all those who agree with your valuation and all those against and give me a tally?

Oh... Probably easier to deflect and criticise me for posting! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Another one that as usual misses the point. 
1. it disappoints me how relevant calling some of our ‘fans’ St Moan really is  

2. I never once tried to canvas support for this view. I simply expressed my opinion if the offer was less than £200k I’d rather keep him. Other fans are welcome to think less is acceptable, that’s their choice. It’s the fact some on here are hell bent in trying to make me change my mind on that. It won’t happen, I will be disappointed if we don’t tell Hibs to jog on for any less than that fee. My opinion, my right to keep. 

Edited by bazil85

23 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Yeah tell them to add another 0 and we will think about it.

We are pretty shit at selling players though so it will be £50k. A third of what we paid for Heaton.

We definitely need a better strategy with regards to player management, retention and recruitment. I presume Flynn is out of contract at end of season based on a couple of comments. He is the type of player we should be looking to keep and extending his contract if we can due to performances and versatility. P McGinn, Flynn, Foley and possibly McGrath (if he continues the way he has started) should be core members of our squad and a team built around them.  They are the hardworking consistent performers who give their all. Magennis would be in that category also although form hasn't been as good this season and the injury is a nightmare. MacPherson also plays with his heart and has done well since coming back into the squad. 

I believe Jim will be more ruthless once he has got his core members of a squad as long as he isn't hampered by those either beside them or above him. 

Be interesting to see if you’re allowed the above opinions... seems I’m not. Will we get a consistent take from the moaners or was I maybe targeted for some reason? 😅

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Think Baz has been playing a bit too much Football Manager. 

I like Paul McGinn, he's a steady hand but that's all he is... as someone else alluded to, he's a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 every week. Perhaps in English football circles with him still under contract, you'd pull a six figure fee for a player like him. In Scottish football though, suggesting £200k is an absolutely wild appraisal when you consider Hearts brought in Liam Boyce (who was in the same situation) last week for only £150k. 

If we pull in 30-40k for McGinn and bring in a suitable replacement, it would be a decent return. 

Again, £200k is the minimum I would accept, I’m not saying that’s what we’ll get. Less than that, I think he’s more important as a player for the remainder of the season over the money. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Backs up the lean to negative from some of the regulars on here IMO. Some absolute crackers from illegal activity to lying chairman 😂

Edited by bazil85

Be interesting to see if you’re allowed the above opinions... seems I’m not. Will we get a consistent take from the moaners or was I maybe targeted for some reason? [emoji28]
You were not "targeted". Stop playing the victim. Pitiful!

You were pulled up for using the expression "St Moan", which is the intellectual property of people who hate St Mirren.

Again, £200k is the minimum I would accept, I’m not saying that’s what we’ll get. Less than that, I think he’s more important as a player for the remainder of the season over the money. 
Some things are more important than much needed money for the club?

Is that more reversing beepers I hear?

Club income is all that matters according to you!

More hypocrisy! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

You were not "targeted". Stop playing the victim. Pitiful!

You were pulled up for using the expression "St Moan", which is the intellectual property of people who hate St Mirren.

And again, it pains me how relevant it is. 

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Some things are more important than much needed money for the club?

Is that more reversing beepers I hear?

Club income is all that matters according to you!

More hypocrisy! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Nope, as usual it is absolutely no reversing. Read my original comment on this & you will again see you’re wrong in saying I have reversed or a hypocrite. 

I have never once said club income outstrips the strength of the tram on the park, what a ridiculous claim. A blatant lie from the guy that yet again proves he’s desperate for my attention 😂

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I see Rangers have recalled Jake Hastie from loan with Rotherham, as he wasn't getting enough game time. If we are in the market for another winger I wonder if this is a possibility. Goody took him on loan to Alloa last season. Would be a fantastic signing.

That's a very good shout/spot.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I see Rangers have recalled Jake Hastie from loan with Rotherham, as he wasn't getting enough game time. If we are in the market for another winger I wonder if this is a possibility. Goody took him on loan to Alloa last season. Would be a fantastic signing.

Think he’s played for Rangers this season, so would rule him out of signing for someone else.