Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 minute ago, Caldy_87 said:

I noticed that Lee Hodson wasn’t selected in the Gillingham squad for their game this evening. Wonder if we have enquired about a loan deal until the end of the season or he is just injured? 

Is Hodson not a left back ?, I would hope we would be looking for a right back if Paul does leave.

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

Is Hodson not a left back ?, I would hope we would be looking for a right back if Paul does leave.

Hodson started his time at Rangers as a Right Back but was equally comfortable as a Left Back. To be honest, he can play both sides but he is Right footed. He could provide options for either full back position. Either allowing Flynn to push forward or taking over from Waters. 

Just now, Caldy_87 said:

Hodson started his time at Rangers as a Right Back but was equally comfortable as a Left Back. To be honest, he can play both sides but he is Right footed. He could provide options for either full back position. Either allowing Flynn to push forward or taking over from Waters. 

Fair call then and we know what we would be getting.

20 minutes ago, Caldy_87 said:

I noticed that Lee Hodson wasn’t selected in the Gillingham squad for their game this evening. Wonder if we have enquired about a loan deal until the end of the season or he is just injured? 

As he's supposedly only made 4 appearances, he's probably not much in their plans at present.  

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Also, Don’t we usually put players up in the glynhill ? I’m positive but after the whole Ian Harte saga a few years back I’m not taking anything for granted

I thought Saints had Several  reserved Bins

. Oot the back of Asda, Linwood...?

16 hours ago, pod said:

As he's supposedly only made 4 appearances, he's probably not much in their plans at present.  

I saw online he managed 7 games for them - but either way its not that many. Hopefully he is fresh and fit and we will finally have a decent LB

If we get £30-45 k for Paul, that will cover some wages and we will save on Paul's massive pay-packet for the rest of the season !

Now are we getting an attacking midfielder or striker who will bang in lots of goals !  🤞

4 minutes ago, pod said:

Edinburgh boy, who has been at Hibs before  

Yes and they are clearly favourites for his signature - but our need is greater - question is what kind of deal could we offer?

Obviously Hibs have a budget, but is it already stretched and they need 2 defenders too...?

It is the kind of signing that could lift us into the top 6 - so the prize money difference would make the investment worthwhile IF he performed as he clearly can !

12 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yes and they are clearly favourites for his signature - but our need is greater - question is what kind of deal could we offer?

Obviously Hibs have a budget, but is it already stretched and they need 2 defenders too...?

It is the kind of signing that could lift us into the top 6 - so the prize money difference would make the investment worthwhile IF he performed as he clearly can !

So is his. 

Edited by pod

Always check your sources - otherwise you might believe all kinds of nonsense.

Apparently he has played in 30 games this season and has 7 goals including 1 in an FLT match (just less than 1 every 4 games) If he is ours and scores 4 or 5 goals than wins us 6 points - I am okay with that...

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Where did you get this? 

I was looking at his league goals...............Played 110, Scored 14? 

It is Wiki right enough, hardly worth betting your salary on..........................

image.png.abd405827f72c90c2b82e91eead003d2.png

In mitigation, a lot of sub appearances

For example, 26 of his 38 appearances at Bristol Rovers were from the bench

You clueless imbecile 

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Always check your sources - otherwise you might believe all kinds of nonsense.

Apparently he has played in 30 games this season and has 7 goals including 1 in an FLT match (just less than 1 every 4 games) If he is ours and scores 4 or 5 goals than wins us 6 points - I am okay with that...

“Check your sources”

you then go on to say “apparently”, highlighting that you didn’t check any sources yourself

you are a brainless tit