Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Always check your sources - otherwise you might believe all kinds of nonsense.

Apparently he has played in 30 games this season and has 7 goals including 1 in an FLT match (just less than 1 every 4 games) If he is ours and scores 4 or 5 goals than wins us 6 points - I am okay with that...

We don't need him, we've got Obika. :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

We don't need him, we've got Obika. :lol:

Obika's recent run is not too dreadful about 5 goals in 12 games or so.

JG said he had not done pre season when he arrived and was recovering from a long injury. Now the guys getting up to speed he is dong us a job - and yes that can take several months depending on what injury he was carrying.

He will never be prolific - but he is a real handful for most CB's - what we need is goals from many players - that way we are not dependent on one or two...

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

JG said he had not done pre season when he arrived and was recovering from a long injury. Now the guys getting up to speed he is dong us a job - and yes that can take several months depending on what injury he was carrying.

He will never be prolific - but he is a real handful for most CB's - what we need is goals from many players - that way we are not dependent on one or two...

You can't just count the last "12 games or so" FFS.

I agree we need other players to chip in, and if we had someone who has a knack of scoring Obika could be a good partner. 

Either that or he could get a job in the Kibble. 

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Agree. He took time to get up to speed. I also agree that he is nows handful for most central defenders but he needs men running off him to add to his effectiveness. Sure, he has had high profile misses. He's not alone in that. 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You can't just count the last "12 games or so" FFS.

I agree we need other players to chip in, and if we had someone who has a knack of scoring Obika could be a good partner. 

Either that or he could get a job in the Kibble. 

I applied for a job in the Kibble as a cook ,this was before they started calling them chefs many year ago but when I found out the pay i quickly changed my mind it was pretty poor them days.

Another player Jim doesn't seem to fancy for reasons known only to himself. Hopefully we don't let one of our biggest potential assets go for pocket money.

Ethan isn’t a left back, is he better than what we’ve had this season in midfield - debatable - but I don’t think so, I thought a loan to lower league in Scotland for game time. However this could be some move and would still have a year left so would be worth a few quid

1 minute ago, linwood bud said:

Ethan isn’t a left back, is he better than what we’ve had this season in midfield - debatable - but I don’t think so, I thought a loan to lower league in Scotland for game time. However this could be some move and would still have a year left so would be worth a few quid

The same would've been said about John McGinn in 2012/13 before he got a run

5 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

He's probably not first choice any more, but it'd leave us without meaningful backup again. They'd better be planning on showing us the f**king money.

Hearing up to 5 players out tomorrow and possibly 3 in. 

Wouldn't be a transfer window without us going tits out mental at some point. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We would be back to square one defensively if Broadfoot goes, same position as before the window with only crocked McKenzie as cover . Surely we just quote them a daft price, he's under contract.

But we have Foley and Hodson who can cover . . .

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Today has been rather mental 😂😂

Tomorrow is going to be blink and you'll miss it stuff apparently.

But I agree, I actually thought Lee Hodson signed for us yesterday. Feels like ancient news now after everything that's came out.

Edited by djchapsticks