Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 minutes ago, GeordieBuddie said:

Keeping tabs on Pasulay Njie a striker whom can also play as a winger, formorley of Stoke City, currently training with Walsall to keep fit.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18259271.st-mirren-monitoring-former-stoke-city-striker-pasulay-njie/

Was just thinking we could do with a 7th striker in the squad.........!

23 hours ago, GeordieBuddie said:

Keeping tabs on Pasulay Njie a striker whom can also play as a winger, formorley of Stoke City, currently training with Walsall to keep fit.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18259271.st-mirren-monitoring-former-stoke-city-striker-pasulay-njie/

Apparently we were interested  in him yesterday too 

• 1 month later...

Now as the global pandemic bites should our club maybe use this time to contact players and get those pre-contract agreements signed for next seasons assault on mediocrity?  Or should we sit tight waiting for this Covid 19 inspired hell to be over before even thinking about business?

I speculate this

Well will be doing the latter 

Wh

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Now as the global pandemic bites should our club maybe use this time to contact players and get those pre-contract agreements signed for next seasons assault on mediocrity?  Or should we sit tight waiting for this Covid 19 inspired hell to be over before even thinking about business?

I speculate this

Well will be doing the latter 

And so will everyone else.  To our benefit. Covid-19 means that Obika will not be going to Hearts/Motherwell/StJohnstone and just gives us an outside chance of holding on to Wallace and Hvladky. 

55 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Wh

And so will everyone else.  To our benefit. Covid-19 means that Obika will not be going to Hearts/Motherwell/StJohnstone and just gives us an outside chance of holding on to Wallace and Hvladky. 

I doubt that two of those clubs would be able to prise our asset's from us.  Hearts are facing meltdown in a sea of recrimination and child like tears, St Johnstone are no bigger than us and are unlikely to pose an attractive proposition to any player currently donning the black and white. Motherwell are the only club that are worthy of mention as they are riding the cusp of a wave at this time and may for once be able to throw an extra few quid into the pot.  Our time to finally outperform these clubs is long overdue and surely on the horizon.

Hladky - it would be great to keep him.  A legend in his own contract due in no small measure to the best performance I have ever seen from a goal keep during penalty kicks.  I fear he may well be tempted by the lure of excessive coin.  Although differing in position this reminds me of Tottie Beck leaving us, although many other examples exist my mind is somehow drawn toward Tottie.  I suppose Billy Thompson would be more appropriate but I shall stick with Tottie.

Wallace - You know the lad did very well.  His perfectly picked pass for big Jon Obika's season saving goal was exquisite to the indeed.  At his age though I doubt that a bigger club than us would come a calling. Ross Wallace is set to finish his career at a big club, I would venture that he is very happy and will be going nowhere unless it is either retirement or at our behest.  Does Ross have another season in him? 

I feel good about next season, if I dodge this virus and I am able to see it I hope at last for some progress. 

Edited by TediousTom

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

I doubt that two of those clubs would be able to prise our asset's from us.  Hearts are facing meltdown in a sea of recrimination and child like tears, St Johnstone are no bigger than us and are unlikely to pose an attractive proposition to any player currently donning the black and white. Motherwell are the only club that are worthy of mention as they are riding the cusp of a wave at this time and may for once be able to throw an extra few quid into the pot.  Our time to finally outperform these clubs is long overdue and surely on the horizon.

Hladky - it would be great to keep him.  A legend in his own contract due in no small measure to the best performance I have ever seen from a goal keep during penalty kicks.  I fear he may well be tempted by the lure of excessive coin.  Although differing in position this reminds me of Tottie Beck leaving us, although many other examples exist my mind is somehow drawn toward Tottie.  I suppose Billy Thompson would be more appropriate but I shall stick with Tottie.

Wallace - You know the lad did very well.  His perfectly picked pass for big Jon Obika's season saving goal was exquisite to the indeed.  At his age though I doubt that a bigger club than us would come a calling. Ross Wallace is set to finish his career at a big club, I would venture that he is very happy and will be going nowhere unless it is either retirement or at our behest.  Does Ross have another season in him? 

I feel good about next season, if I dodge this virus and I am able to see it I hope at last for some progress. 

Take care out there Tom no one over the age of 116 year old has survived this virus,  don't venture out unless you have to auld yin,  but remember keep active 

onion ring hula hoop GIF by Justin Gammon

34 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I just hope that enough teams survive to form a league. I think football in general is going to look very different going forward, I can’t imagine overseas players returning to Scotland if there is any chance of Covid returning every winter. 

Why, do you think it will only effect us. :unsure: