Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Have to agree, Lyons was honking probably the best thing about him was his goal celebration 😂

Looked so out of his depth and definitely only got so much game time cos of who the manager was!

still, probably a lot worse played for us last season.

Edited by mattman

Have to agree, Lyons was honking probably the best thing about him was his goal celebration [emoji23]

Looked so out of his depth and definitely only got so much game time cos of who the manager was!

I thought he was great in his first game till the red card. Then kept hoping to be right. As you say the specs celebration after scoring vs Dundee made his time memorable. But not enough to re-sign [emoji1787]

9 hours ago, mattman said:

Have to agree, Lyons was honking probably the best thing about him was his goal celebration 😂

How can anybody look out of their depth playing in Scottish Football  ?  :)

I think Stevie Lawless, now ex Livingstone would be a good addition for us.
Great wee grafter, can play a fair bit and has an eye for a goal or two.

I like Lawless and I think he can play on the left or right so could be a good shout

Wonder if we will look at Mark Gillespie who’s been let go at ‘Well if Hladky leaves. Had a good season at well and their fans seem to rate him

31 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

I like Lawless and I think he can play on the left or right so could be a good shout

Wonder if we will look at Mark Gillespie who’s been let go at ‘Well if Hladky leaves. Had a good season at well and their fans seem to rate him

According to Twitter hibs are in for Lawless, was surprised motherwell let Gillespie go, their fans seemed to rate him highly, can only Imagine he will end up back down south.

Got a sneaky feeling well end up with Jamie McDonald, although anytime I’ve seen dean lyness play he’s not done too badly, think he would be capable of taking the number 1 shirt.

With things being as they are, you have to believe that we're going to bide our time this summer.

As unfortunate as it is, it definitely looks like the circumstances are going to make it a buyer's market this summer so a lot of clubs might leave it until late in the day to make any significant moves.

Hopefully we'll pick up a couple of players who under normal circumstances might have been a bit out of our range.

23 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

With things being as they are, you have to believe that we're going to bide our time this summer.

As unfortunate as it is, it definitely looks like the circumstances are going to make it a buyer's market this summer so a lot of clubs might leave it until late in the day to make any significant moves.

Hopefully we'll pick up a couple of players who under normal circumstances might have been a bit out of our range.

I was thinking the self same thing.

A number of squads could be starting the season on the light side (we always seem to regardless) meaning a wheen of players could be left without contracts.

It would be nice if we could breenge In early and snap up some decent players, but alas we all know finances dictate otherwise.

He’s got a contract on the table from Celtic to be their second choice.

He either signs that or comes to us to be first choice and takes a pay cut.

I suspect he will rather sit on the bench for more money but you never know.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We can but hope

3 hours ago, TopCat said:

His sellic offer is on much reduced terms.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52935019

27 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Problem is that his reduced terms at Sellic are probably more than we could afford.

Don’t think CG will be short of a bob or two so maybe 1st team football will be more important to him.

14 minutes ago, HSS said:

Don’t think CG will be short of a bob or two so maybe 1st team football will be more important to him.

Thought I read somewhere that he was looking to break back into the international  scene and was looking for 1st team football 

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No chance, if he's with us, of breaking back into the international scene I'm afraid. 

I agree it's highly unlikely. Although Craig Samson bucked the trend getting into a couple of squads while with us.