Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Find this very appealing 😍

356160F8-635E-4D2C-9FD1-79808B08B8B5.jpeg

Harry was great for us! Would love to see him back for sure! Only doubt I would have (if any) is that he only played in the Championship for us, never in the Premier. Would he be as good making the step up? 

I would be willing to chance it! 

15 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Harry was great for us! Would love to see him back for sure! Only doubt I would have (if any) is that he only played in the Championship for us, never in the Premier. Would he be as good making the step up? 

I think he’d be up to it, seemed to stroll it down championship level, as long as he’s injury free we’ll be laughing 

37 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

That's a really odd post. He's not playing at Scottish Championship level now and hasn't been for years.

He's a league Two player. The question is whether he wants to take a step down to play for us.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That's a really odd post. He's not playing at Scottish Championship level now and hasn't been for years.

He's a league Two player. The question is whether he wants to take a step down to play for us.

I agree with your first point, but I'm not sure League 2 is a higher level than our league. Probably a step down in wages though. 

36 minutes ago, munoz said:

I agree with your first point, but I'm not sure League 2 is a higher level than our league. Probably a step down in wages though. 

Scottish Prem is miles better than Eng League 2.

Edited by Prague Buddie

23 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Scottish Prem is miles better than Eng League 2.

It's difficult to judge against other leagues. My guess is that our top two would adjust and do well in the top league in England. The next three Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts could adjust and perform well in the Championship. The rest of us would, IMO, fight to fit into Div 1.

15 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's difficult to judge against other leagues. My guess is that our top two would adjust and do well in the top league in England. The next three Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts could adjust and perform well in the Championship. The rest of us would, IMO, fight to fit into Div 1.

Hearts ? I thought they got relegated/demoted. 

What's the standard like to watch in those leagues? [emoji23]

33 minutes ago, munoz said:

Hearts ? I thought they got relegated/demoted. 

The current Hearts team got relegated. I’m willing to give Ricky the benefit of the doubt and say that he meant that Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts are (in theory) the next biggest clubs in Scotland resource wise, and therefore the most likely to be capable of competing at a higher level on a consistent basis. 

Think it’s a sign of where Scottish football is. Harry is struggling to get a deal in the lower leagues of England so is punting himself up north.

Using us as leverage to see if someone like Hibs or Motherwell will offer him more money.

Maybe they will.

Is he good enough for the SPFL Premiership? Maybe, maybe not. He’s never played at that or an equivalent level before, and he’s 28. Must be a reason for that.

He was certainly good enough in the Scottish Championship, but as we all know, that’s no real barometer.

Not that bothered if he signs for us or not. Would rather we got in players who are proven at this level in.

Give me Popescu or Famewo or McLoughlin before Davis.

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

Think it’s a sign of where Scottish football is. Harry is struggling to get a deal in the lower leagues of England so is punting himself up north.

Using us as leverage to see if someone like Hibs or Motherwell will offer him more money.

Maybe they will.

Is he good enough for the SPFL Premiership? Maybe, maybe not. He’s never played at that or an equivalent level before, and he’s 28. Must be a reason for that.

He was certainly good enough in the Scottish Championship, but as we all know, that’s no real barometer.

Not that bothered if he signs for us or not. Would rather we got in players who are proven at this level in.

What are you doing in here?

Is Facebook & Twitter closed? :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, TopCat said:

Maybe they will.

Davis was good imo. Agree that I would rate him behind two of the three you mention. 

23 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Harry was out injured since new year, He only made 2 short appearances before the lockdown kicked in,  

He had a hamstring injury and missed less than a month, in a season where he played 26 games.

In his last game he was subbed at half time as he had been feeling some tightness in his hamstring.