Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

So, if my arithmetic holds up, we've now got 13 genuine 1st team players with the likes of Erhahon and Baird adding to that (if they come back) plus Breadner who is a kid.

So, I reckon we need to be aiming at 21 players including 3 kids which means we need between 5 and 8 more providing covid doesn't bugger the budget too much.

We are very light at the back and up front. Midfield and goalkeeping positions look pretty reasonable.

2 strikers and 3 defenders presumably are the priority with any extra players perhaps going to bolster defence or midfield.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

So, if my arithmetic holds up, we've now got 13 genuine 1st team players with the likes of Erhahon and Baird adding to that (if they come back) plus Breadner who is a kid.

So, I reckon we need to be aiming at 21 players including 3 kids which means we need between 5 and 8 more providing covid doesn't bugger the budget too much.

We are very light at the back and up front. Midfield and goalkeeping positions look pretty reasonable.

Totally agree , probably four experienced signings and four quality loan signings . Left back , centre half , striker and attacking midfielder the priorities .

16 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Totally agree , probably four experienced signings and four quality loan signings . Left back , centre half , striker and attacking midfielder the priorities .

Spot on. If I were being greedy then 6 more. 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think we need two centre halves, a first choice and someone as cover, as don't think Baird will be here in the long term.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think we need two centre halves, a first choice and someone as cover, as don't think Baird will be here in the long term.

Both Foley and Tait can play makeshift CH, so if our budget is stretched we might only go for one.

I hope we get an experienced CH to help out to help out McCarthy. As experienced as he is, he's still a youngster.

39 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Both Foley and Tait can play makeshift CH, so if our budget is stretched we might only go for one.

I hope we get an experienced CH to help out to help out McCarthy. As experienced as he is, he's still a youngster.

You don't rate JB then? 

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

2 strikers and 3 defenders presumably are the priority with any extra players perhaps going to bolster defence or midfield.

Forgot about Erahon, don't rate him at all...

On 6/20/2020 at 1:14 PM, mattman said:

Apologies if posted elsewhere but seems we’ve agreed a deal with Peterborough for Mark Ohara. He’s rejected terms with motherwell.

AC2D6866-BFB3-4707-94DF-8CE91AC317E1.png

Supposedly has decided to go to Motherwell according to P&B.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Supposedly has decided to go to Motherwell according to P&B.

If the rumoured £50k transfer fee is true I'm fine with the player rejoining Motherwell. Not the right time for paying transfer fees. Tough to compete with the appeal of Motherwell's one European tie as well. Better paying a decent wage and attracting a good out of contract player - pretty sure we will have choices.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

JG on Sky Sports saying 4 or 5 more in, primarily defenders.

Also looking for another centre forward to compete with Jon Obika and Morias.

Personally, I think 2 centre halves, a left back and two forward options are a must.

Sounds like the captain will be playing right mid.  Contract extension announcement imminent I'd think.