Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

22 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

Yes he has returned home ( nice wee Edinburgh airport job 😉

It was Colin seedorf . He has a better offer and didnae like the weather or the boss man 

You really shouldn't believe everything you read on FaceTwatter.

Purely wishful thinking on my part, but I’d really like to hear of a couple of signings today/tomorrow. I was hopeful of some news this time last week, so hopefully today JG will confirm the club has managed to get one or two over the line.

Even if it’s guys I’ve never heard of !

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Purely wishful thinking on my part, but I’d really like to hear of a couple of signings today/tomorrow. I was hopeful of some news this time last week, so hopefully today JG will confirm the club has managed to get one or two over the line.

Even if it’s guys I’ve never heard of !

When well known names are made public and there is a few weeks delay, 9 times out of 10, or worse, at best we are only one of the players options and there are clubs willing to outbid us.

However, with the names that are not out there in the same way our chances are far better (e.g. Sheron)- we wait with bated breath . . .  what will today bring    :ninja

On 7/10/2020 at 12:18 PM, Sweeper07 said:

When well known names are made public and there is a few weeks delay, 9 times out of 10, or worse, at best we are only one of the players options and there are clubs willing to outbid us.

However, with the names that are not out there in the same way our chances are far better (e.g. Sheron)- we wait with bated breath . . .  what will today bring    :ninja

Nothing the same as every day. 

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Goodwin now confident enough about Shaughnessy that he can talk to the press about him.

Looks to have it done tomorrow or Thursday.

In the PDE today, talking at length about Shaughnessy's attributes and the fact that he tried to sign him a year ago.

"This one is hopefully not a million miles away, but not quite over the line"

He also states that "We are speaking to a number of good players at the moment".

3 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Aye , good players with the right attitude . Not good players who think they are better than they are and hold out for a better deal . 

Menstrie. Can't blame either club or player for trying to get the best deal for themselves to be honest. Frustrating, I agree. 

15 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Aye , good players with the right attitude . Not good players who think they are better than they are and hold out for a better deal . 

How do you know he's holding out for a better deal? 

There are several reasons why a player might not be able to sign straight away.

Even if he is, do you think that we've never signed a player, who has gone on to do well for us, who has held out for a better deal?

Just now, FTOF said:

How do you know he's holding out for a better deal? 

There are several reasons why a player might not be able to sign straight away.

Even if he is, do you think that we've never signed a player, who has gone on to do well for us, who has held out for a better deal?

No really. 😜

3 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

To be honest if rather we just gave up on shaunessy and look elsewhere for a centre half . If he was any good someone would have gazumped us by now . 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Not the same thing.

5 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

To be honest if rather we just gave up on shaunessy and look elsewhere for a centre half . If he was any good someone would have gazumped us by now . 

He,s had at least two weeks to make his mind up . That's two weeks when we could be trying to sign another centre half , and a weeks training with his new team mates that he,s missed out on . He either wants to play for us or he doesn't . Initially I wanted us to sign him , but his attitude has disappointed me . I suspect he,s using us to get himself a better deal .

He,s had at least two weeks to make his mind up . That's two weeks when we could be trying to sign another centre half , and a weeks training with his new team mates that he,s missed out on . He either wants to play for us or he doesn't . Initially I wanted us to sign him , but his attitude has disappointed me . I suspect he,s using us to get himself a better deal .
Maybe he has agreed but is still under contract elsewhere? The transfer window only opened yesterday.