jimdickloyal

A few ideas for a goal scorer....

Joe Gormley - Cliftonville

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/joe-gormley/leistungsdaten/spieler/191258

153 goals in 254 games, 39 assists too

Joe-Gormley.jpg

Patrick Hoban - Dundalk (piss their fans off again) :D 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrick-hoban/profil/spieler/158951

Their top scorer with 5 goals in 5 games so far this season, 14 in 34 last season

Patrick Hoban's late penalty earns Dundalk a priceless win

Seem like the kind of players Goodwin might scout 

11 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Joe-Gormley.jpg

After suffering a serious knee injury, Gormley moved on loan to Scottish club St Johnstone in August 2016. After becoming "disillusioned" with professional football, Gormley cancelled his contracts with Peterborough and St Johnstone. 

Think he's comfortable where he is.  

Edited by pod

9 minutes ago, pod said:

After suffering a serious knee injury, Gormley moved on loan to Scottish club St Johnstone in August 2016. After becoming "disillusioned" with professional football, Gormley cancelled his contracts with Peterborough and St Johnstone. 

Think he's comfortable where he is.  

Might want another crack at it, quite late in his career and is bang on form

20 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Joe-Gormley.jpg

Patrick Hoban - Dundalk (piss their fans off again) :D 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/patrick-hoban/profil/spieler/158951

Their top scorer with 5 goals in 5 games so far this season, 14 in 34 last season

Patrick Hoban's late penalty earns Dundalk a priceless win

Seem like the kind of players Goodwin might scout 

They would do !

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Might want another crack at it, quite late in his career and is bang on form

To be fair, both guys have struggled big time outwith the Irish leagues.

I'm all for using those leagues as a source of good players but anyone coming in would have to be early 20s at the oldest for my liking. Guys who are late 20s and early 30s still in LoI are there with good reason.

Look at David McMillan with St. Johnstone, he came over with some LoI record and struggled in League 1 with Falkirk here.

19 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

It was me. I'm not a Christian hater I just think they are moronic for believing in an omnipotent sky fairy.

Ok I should have said Christian haters and mockers...   He who has the last laugh...

I think you are confused - I don't know anyone who believes in an omnipotent sky fairy... Once you meet God you will think differently.

So is Fraser signing ?  And 1 striker won't be our last signing till January . . . :ninja

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

To be fair, both guys have struggled big time outwith the Irish leagues.

I'm all for using those leagues as a source of good players but anyone coming in would have to be early 20s at the oldest for my liking. Guys who are late 20s and early 30s still in LoI are there with good reason.

Look at David McMillan with St. Johnstone, he came over with some LoI record and struggled in League 1 with Falkirk here.

Flip side, I've been impressed with Conor McCarthy - Jamie McGrath looked good in flashes, especially playing through the middle. 

This website ranks McCarthy 24th. Sean McLaughlin listed 16th and Jamie McGrath 14th.

https://punditarena.com/football/thepateam/the-25-league-ireland-best/

They list Pat Hoban as the 2nd best player in the league. A few on that list would probably be worth a look!

4 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Flip side, I've been impressed with Conor McCarthy - Jamie McGrath looked good in flashes, especially playing through the middle. 

This website ranks McCarthy 24th. Sean McLaughlin listed 16th and Jamie McGrath 14th.

https://punditarena.com/football/thepateam/the-25-league-ireland-best/

They list Pat Hoban as the 2nd best player in the league. A few on that list would probably be worth a look!

Yeah but that's sort of my point. McCarthy, McGrath (and McLoughlin who we'd tried to buy before them and Hull got in before us) were all young players, 20, 21, 22 years old. 

I'd like more of that ahead of guys in their late 20s and early 30s who have already been over to the UK and struggled a bit.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah but that's sort of my point. McCarthy, McGrath (and McLoughlin who we'd tried to buy before them and Hull got in before us) were all young players, 20, 21, 22 years old. 

I'd like more of that ahead of guys in their late 20s and early 30s who have already been over to the UK and struggled a bit.

I see your point but I think the priority is to find a goalscorer - regardless of age - that's within our budget 

Stephen Dobbie was still banging them in despite being further on in his career. Someone like that would do me! 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Ok I should have said Christian haters and mockers...   He who has the last laugh...

I think you are confused - I don't know anyone who believes in an omnipotent sky fairy... Once you meet God you will think differently.

I really don’t think he’d feel differently after meeting me at all

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Once you meet God you will think differently.

Oh so you're a  Jehovah's Witness now as well?

I'd invite you round for some tea or coffee but you wouldn't show....and, if you were ever in need of a donation of my O negative blood, you'd rather die.

Yeah, Fraser is a good signing.

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oh so you're a  Jehovah's Witness now as well?

I'd invite you round for some tea or coffee but you wouldn't show....and, if you were ever in need of a donation of my O negative blood, you'd rather die.

Yeah, Fraser is a good signing.

I was wondering which weird, batshit crazy cult he was following.

Wonder how realistic a striker before the weekend is going to be.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Unrealistic, I'd say. It's not a pressing need and the window is open for ages. I think we'll wait for the right guy. I hope he becomes available.

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Nah. It will be a couple of weeks yet. It's a pressing concern to have the option for the coming season but not the coming matches.

18 hours ago, Doakes said:

I see your point but I think the priority is to find a goalscorer - regardless of age - that's within our budget 

Stephen Dobbie was still banging them in despite being further on in his career. Someone like that would do me! 

out of contract since 30th June , would fit your remit 

B219A728-D2D3-47E8-B221-39C6FD9FD6BF.jpeg

19 hours ago, Doakes said:

Dobbie wouldn’t work.  He’s happily settled Doon Hame.

has said he wouldn’t even move if his beloved The Rangers wanted him.

7 hours ago, antrin said:

Dobbie wouldn’t work.  He’s happily settled Doon Hame.

has said he wouldn’t even move if his beloved The Rangers wanted him.

He's also now past it. Time definitely caught up to him last season and will do so even more now with a 7 month hiatus.