Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

22 hours ago, antrin said:

Dobbie wouldn’t work.  He’s happily settled Doon Hame.

has said he wouldn’t even move if his beloved The Rangers wanted him.

I don't mean Dobbie specifically, just anyone that scores goals 

On twitter I'm reading rumours of a Seifedin Chabbi return.
A good striker elsewhere, but... didn't do it for Saints... not enough chances...?

?

Interesting. I don’t think we saw enough of him on the pitch to form any kind of opinion.

Perhaps he wasn’t played because of the good partnership Jakubiak had with Obika.

If we are interested it certainly suggests JG rates him and that’s good enough for me.

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Interesting. I don’t think we saw enough of him on the pitch to form any kind of opinion.

Perhaps he wasn’t played because of the good partnership Jakubiak had with Obika.

If we are interested it certainly suggests JG rates him and that’s good enough for me.

He was very, very unfit when he arrived, sadly - and was arguably surplus to requirements, as you've said.

However, the boy chucked £500 in for the St Mirren Charitable Foundation earlier in the year. I know that means nothing when considering his footballing ability, but it shows a lot about his character.

Would be welcome back for another shot.

On 7/28/2020 at 9:59 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Oh so you're a  Jehovah's Witness now as well?

I'd invite you round for some tea or coffee but you wouldn't show....and, if you were ever in need of a donation of my O negative blood, you'd rather die.

Yeah, Fraser is a good signing.

Answer to your question is NO - I am NOT a JW and never have been - they are a heretical modern sect and I am A+ if you are ever stuck...

Not sure why you'd want to invite me to tea but suspect it would be to tell me that God does not exist - so that would be a waste of your time as He definitely does ! PS I have given blood plenty of times...

I see the LIAR has assumed I must be a JW after your post - seems like he neither has the decency to apologise nor stop reading into things and getting the wrong end of the stick ! His walloper status grows each day...

I think Fraser is a decent signing - but is Chabbi coming back? And who will be our 4th 1st team Striker to Sign on...:magic

9 hours ago, foxbar_bud said:

In for Bayo of Celtic again according to Raman

Remember we were close to getting him in Jan but Celtic couldn’t get Rhodes over the line so fell through

My Celtic supporting pal said he’s a big raw prospect but does have goals in him

The type of signing we need , someone to take advantage of Obika,s hold up play .

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I believe he has currently got a hamstring injury.

As Ethan has mentioned, given his injury record, we'd be taking a huge risk in signing him.

There will probably be plenty of English lower league options, as clubs try to save money. I'd rather we looked there.

Another Celtic striker Lennon stated is looking for fitness is Vakoun Issouf Bayo, who is wanted by St Mirren on a loan deal. "I’m not aware of that interest, but it’s something we may look at," Lennon says.

"First things first, we need to get Vakoun fit and take it from there."